PDA

View Full Version : NEEDED>Please:=Deleting Entries in "Recent Visitor A

SAFE
05-10-2005, 09:06 AM
Please...Install a <Selective Delete> Button:
For many many reasons, it is ESSENTIAL to be able to DELETE an individual <ENTRY> in "Recent Visitor Activity." Without this, any log can become a flood of useless, confusing, time wasting garbage. This is the most glaring oversight in the tracking soft industry. The "Recent Visitor Activity" page is possibly the most important and decision-controlling page presentation in the industry.

Reasons include:
1. Testing from many machines to ensure site stability in web presentations
2. Changing IP address caused by dial up services
3. Working on public WiFi networks in occasional mode from laptops
4. Working on public GPRS networks in occasional mode from laptops
5. Working on public CDMA networks in occasional mode from laptops
6. Working on public EDGE networks in occasional mode from laptops
7. Erasing of cookies on a regular basis, using 3rd party software as part of anti-spyware 'Best Practices' (Not always respecting perfectly configurations)
8.,9.,10...The list goes on and on...and is growing...
Thanks!
Have a Great Day...

westmoors
05-10-2005, 11:29 AM
I second this action (which I'm sure has been mentioned in another thread).

Yesterday I was rewriting some of my files and making frequent checks. Unbeknown to me my blocking cookie had stopped working and all my visits have been logged, inflating my stats significantly. It would be great to erase all these visits.

ejrodgers
05-29-2005, 09:55 PM
Can I add my voice to this please

Elliott

canvasusa
06-23-2005, 06:26 PM
Is there a feature where you can block recorded visits by a MAC address, since the only way for this to change is if you somehow mask it or change your network card? and is there a fast way to block a whole network, like a network-apparent program that installs the blocking cookie on machines in your network automatically? :idea: :idea:

webado
06-23-2005, 10:38 PM
Is there a feature where you can block recorded visits by a MAC address, since the only way for this to change is if you somehow mask it or change your network card? and is there a fast way to block a whole network, like a network-apparent program that installs the blocking cookie on machines in your network automatically? :idea: :idea:
No MAC address access or manipulation.

For a network you probably all share one external IP address, so you can block by the IP address, as long as it's static.