PDA

View Full Version : IS Statcounter down?

danni
12-12-2009, 11:13 AM
I can't get my account to load and my pages that contain Statcounter html are very slow loading if they load at all.

sunglo
12-12-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm having the same problem. I cannot access StatCounter's home page. Also, I had to remove the StatCounter code from my website because it was causing slow-downs.

webado
12-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Unless there was a problem an hour ago, all seems to be OK now.

To avoid such potential slowdowns, put your tracking code close to the bottom of your page's source code, preferably right before the </body> tag.

danni
12-12-2009, 02:05 PM
But www.statcounter.com will not load. It times out as well as gives a problem loading page connection reset. My internet is fine and all the other sites that I have gone to load without a problem.

webado
12-12-2009, 02:10 PM
No problem from where I'm looking.

It must be your ISP then (or network issues along the way from your location to the Statcounter servers) or maye your firewall or anti-spyware program have blocked the Statcounter address. Check your hosts file to make sure it's not blocking it there.

Try a tracert to see where there may be a blockage.

danni
12-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the help. Where would I start the tracert from?

webado
12-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Depends on your OS.

See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsT3U9MQw64

jenifersdesignercloset
12-12-2009, 04:28 PM
You are not alone. Same exact problem here that started yesterday afternoon. Something is wrong.

webado
12-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Like I said, it's either your ISP blocking it (or havign network problems to reach it), or your own anti-virus/firewall/anti-spyware program block it - or it's blocked in the hosts file.

I have no trouble accessing the site.

Since all of you appear to be using the same ISP (comcast) this is probably the culprit.

jenifersdesignercloset
12-12-2009, 04:32 PM
I have been using Statcounter for years. Why would it all of a sudden start having problems for several of us just yesterday? My ISP is Comcast. What would I do or where do I begin to try and approach Comcast with this?

webado
12-12-2009, 04:34 PM
As I said, you are all using Comcast, so probably it's either blockingn it or experiencing network problems.
Call them and ask them why they are blocking that server - and don't accept some silly 1st level so-called tech requests to take apart your computer first to check yrou connections :lol:

danni
12-12-2009, 05:27 PM
I contacted Comcast, they are going to check in to it and respond within 24 hours...not holding my breath. Thanks for the help!

jenifersdesignercloset
12-12-2009, 05:32 PM
I also contacted them and they pinged my computer and said there was no packet loss. They said they are not having any system outages. They basically told me that their job is to provide an internet connection and since I have internet service, and can go to other sites that they have no way of checking it out. Other site I cant go to since this started is Bonanzle.com. Can you try it danni and see if you have that site problem too? It is a site like Ebay. Thanks

de Paulus
12-12-2009, 06:09 PM
I also contacted them and they pinged my computer and said there was no packet loss. They said they are not having any system outages. They basically told me that their job is to provide an internet connection and since I have internet service, and can go to other sites that they have no way of checking it out. Other site I cant go to since this started is Bonanzle.com. Can you try it danni and see if you have that site problem too? It is a site like Ebay. Thanks

I to am having the same issues, and cannot login to Statcounter, I also just tried Bonanzle.com as suggested above, and I have the same issues... and YES I am using ComCast. Dealing with ComCast is an absolute nightmare, that's if they don't cut you off before you can actually speak to someone.

My issues started Late last night ( Eastern Time) and have still not been fixed.

Fingers crossed.

de Paulus
12-12-2009, 06:49 PM
I just spent 20 min. wasting my time with someone from ComCast, and I just got the "Boiler Template" answer.. "ComCast does NOT filter / block any websites" the problem is with StatCounter..

So, all us ComCast users are stuck in a vicious circle, and I'm sure that if this does not get resolved soon, ComCast users will be forced to look elsewhere for there tracking code.. maybe it's a Conspiricy between ComCast and Google :evil: ...

Lets hope for the best, and hopefully it will get sorted... soon

kirk3341
12-12-2009, 07:26 PM
I am using comcast as well and I can't get get logged in. My websites are slowing down and I could not even get the email confirmation to sign into the forum. I finally used a yahoo email and it was just find. So obviously, comcast has blacklisted statcounter. I have been using statcounter for about 5 years and really like the site but until this gets resolved I am going to have to quit using the service. It is slowing down the display of my pages after removing the code they work normally. Comcast is a pain in the butt. I don't understand why dani is so cocky. It is a service issue with comcast and statcounter not with web users. I hope this gets resoulved so I can come back.

webado
12-12-2009, 07:35 PM
I contacted Comcast, they are going to check in to it and respond within 24 hours...not holding my breath. Thanks for the help!

So, all us ComCast users are stuck in a vicious circle, and I'm sure that if this does not get resolved soon, ComCast users will be forced to look elsewhere for there tracking code.. maybe it's a Conspiricy between ComCast and Google ...

There's NOTHING that Statcounter can do to whip Comcast into playing nice.

Only you, Comcast's clients can make a global stink to kick them where it hurts.

For those who complain of your websites slowing down please realize that they are ONLY slowed down for you when using Comcast, not for any other visitors who are not using Comcast as an ISP.

Arne
12-12-2009, 07:39 PM
So obviously, comcast has blacklisted statcounter
Since there can't be any reason for them to blacklist Statcounter, I don't believe they have done it. I guess they have problems with their DNS server that is not correctly doing the look up for Statcounter's IP address. As reported in this thread, there is also the same problem with at least one more site. And the look up on other sites is bad as you say your sites is slowing down.

I hope you Comcast users contact the support (again) and insist to be connected to some technical person who can understand DNS problem better than the "template reading" support persons, and remember to tell them it's not only Statcounter.

de Paulus
12-12-2009, 07:41 PM
I am using comcast as well and I can't get get logged in. My websites are slowing down and I could not even get the email confirmation to sign into the forum. I finally used a yahoo email and it was just find. So obviously, comcast has blacklisted statcounter. I have been using statcounter for about 5 years and really like the site but until this gets resolved I am going to have to quit using the service. It is slowing down the display of my pages after removing the code they work normally. Comcast is a pain in the butt. I don't understand why dani is so cocky. It is a service issue with comcast and statcounter not with web users. I hope this gets resoulved so I can come back.

I don't think you mean Dani, Dani has the same issues as us...

I am testing with 5 laptops 3 on Vista, and 2 on XP,using IE8, FireFox, Chrome and Opera browsers, I have flushed all my cached files, I have unplugged the modem, I have done a network repair and forced a new IP... Still nothing..on all 5

EVERY site that is using one of my StatCounter codes is loading extremly slow, once code is removed, it loads fine.
This is extremely frustrating!!

de Paulus
12-12-2009, 07:47 PM
For those who complain of your websites slowing down please realize that they are ONLY slowed down for you when using Comcast, not for any other visitors who are not using Comcast as an ISP.

I an glad to hear this.

I know the issue is on the side of ComCast, but getting past the that first person who reads from a list, is virtually impossible. I spent 20 minutes asking to speak to someone else, but I was told that as long as my internet was working, there were no issues!!...

another site I cannot connect to, is Wordpress.org, and I'm sure the list will get longer..

webado
12-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Didn't you read what Arne and I wrote?

It's 100% a Comcast issue. Whether it's on purpose or a network problem affecting Comcast users more than any other, impossible to tell.

One thing's for sure, the Comcast customer service ability to troubleshoot is typically stupid.

de Paulus
12-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Finally.... Statcounter and the other sites are back... hopefully the DNS issue at ComCast has been flushed..