StatCounter User Forum  
StatCounter Free web tracker and counter

Go Back   StatCounter User Forum > StatCounter.com > StatCounter Redesign 2011

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 10:00 AM

Default Doesnt work on MAC

Hi

I have tried Sarafi, Chrome and Firefox on a MAC and none of the CSS seems to work as the layout is lost

I have cleared history, cache etc and none of them work.

Please explain

Last edited by DJJASE; 04-04-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:06 AM

Just checked with WIN 7 both Chrome and Firefox and same result as MAC

So its not OP related - something to do with the sites CSS files - layout is crap
Old 04-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJASE View Post
Just checked with WIN 7 both Chrome and Firefox and same result as MAC

So its not OP related - something to do with the sites CSS files - layout is crap
Well, it works on all my browsers (incl. Chrome) on Win Vista.
So I would check the security systems on your browsers, in both MAC and Win 7.
When I disable "Linked Style Sheets" in my SeaMonkey browser, I get the same style less pages as you show in the screen images!
Old 04-04-2012, 01:27 PM

There is issues with their CSS - this is what I get if I try to load the CSS file:

We are experiencing a temporary problem.

We'll be back as soon as possible.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Aodhán and the StatCounter Team

Only with this one: http://www-beta.statcounter.com/css/...21f2000cd3.css
Old 04-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJASE View Post
There is issues with their CSS - this is what I get if I try to load the CSS file:
That error message was when there was a problem with the server and the whole site was inaccessible.
There is no such problem now, as far as I see.
And there is no problem for me loading the CSS file alone.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:29 PM
StatCounter Team

Sorry things are going poorly!! I just posted this in another thread you were in but I want to make sure you get to see it so here it is again. Please try these two things.

(1) Open the css file where you get the error. if you see the error again force the browser to refresh the page. I think on a mac Command+Shift+R or Command+R forces the browser to reload the page.

if that doesn't work go on to this step

(2) I think your ISP is having a small problem connecting you to our site. Please go to the url below, click on the type of pc you have then follow their steps. After you've done this reboot and give things another try.

https://store.opendns.com/setup/computer/

Please let me know how everything goes.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:31 AM
StatCounter Team
StatCounter Team

This post is possibly helpful too:

http://forum.statcounter.com/vb/show...059#post251059
Old 04-05-2012, 08:59 AM

Default Incorrect formatting today

I am in Australia and have been having this incorrect formatting issue with the "We need your feedback" at the top of the page all day. 12 hours ago I got the problem with some browsers (eg IE9) but not others (eg Firefox) on the same computer. ie one would work; the other wouldn't. On different computers IE would work OK and Firefox would cause the problem. Then IE started working OK for some reason on one computer. Then on another computer where IE was working all day suddenly it no longer worked. I have tried clearing temp internet files, deleting cookies, refreshing etc. etc. I changed my DNS from Telstra (my ISP) to Open DNS, rebooted and confirmed that I was using Open DNS by typing in an incorrect URL (Open DNS displays it's invalid URL message) and the problem remained. The issue does NOT seem to be related to DNS as changing DNS did not fix the problem.

Please appreciate that whilst you (Stat Counter) may not be able to reproduce the problem it is definitily a major issues that comes and goes. I have no idea what the cause is but, as a subscribing member, I would really appreciate the issue being dealt with as a matter of urgency.

Finally, we should not have to change our configuration, change ISPs or anything else to get this to work. I'm a very heavy internet user and Statcounter is the only site, out of hundreds I'm using, that's affected. I think it points to an issue with Statcounter rather than my ISP (which is Telstra -- the largest ISP in Australia and a very high quality ISP)
Closed Thread