StatCounter User Forum  
StatCounter Free web tracker and counter

Go Back   StatCounter User Forum > StatCounter.com > Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 08:46 PM

Default START - FINISH Pages

Hi,

Is there a place that I will be informed; if a user click a link at my web page, for example like contact page, after entering my website, than that click will be successful at the end.

Thanks,
Old 04-26-2012, 12:42 AM
Master Member

Be sure to have the SC code on all of your pages, but SC should show any visitor to your site.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 AM

Actually I have the code on all the pages, and I can see which pages that the a user visited but I wanted to know if I can see a success rate of this?

I could not see this at the software;

Thanks for your help tough;
Old 04-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bturgan View Post
Actually I have the code on all the pages, and I can see which pages that the a user visited but I wanted to know if I can see a success rate of this?
I wonder what you mean by "if I can see a success rate of this?"?
If you can see that the visitor has loaded the page (made a visit and hit in the stats), that is what I would call "successful".

If you want to know if they have used the contact form on the contact page, you can redirect the visitor to a "Thank you" page after submission, also with the counter code.

Since only those who submit a contact message can see the "Thank you" page, you know they have submitted.
It is also possible to redirect to a error page if the submission failed, if you want to see those.

The "Popular Pages" stats shows the visits every page on your site have received.

Last edited by Arne; 04-26-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:03 AM

thank you, I will try that,

Also can I filter my came from stats, so that I can exclude PAID clicks and Facebook click and find out which is working better?

thanks,

berke
Old 04-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Master Member

Quote:
Also can I filter my came from stats, so that I can exclude PAID clicks and Facebook click and find out which is working better?
Statcounter can't know what clicks you have paid for.

But if you know the sites where your paid clicks (Ads?) come from, it can't be to hard to find them in the Came From stats. The total clicks from Facebook (within the log) should be easy to find there.

It may be easier to see what you are looking at if you check the options in the bottom of the page, "Show external links only" and "Domain Only".
The Came from list then look less cluttered and all hits from the same domain is merged.

Clicking on the magnify glass in front of a domain gives you the visitor details and filter option within the domain.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:46 AM

from the image attached you can see there are links that says PAID near them, I would like to filter these as PAID and Facebook is filtered here, so that I can see how many total clicks that I am getting from Adwords, Facebook and other links..

I am sorry if I am asking the same question again, but it will be a nice improvement if you have sth. like this at statcounter, thank you,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg statcounter.jpg (18.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 04-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Master Member

Quote:
from the image attached you can see there are links that says PAID near them.
You need to provide a much larger image, I can't see anything in that one.
From where is that image taken?

What has all this to do with "START - FINISH Pages" you have as headline for the thread, and wrote in your first post? That was what I believed I responded to.

If you would like something like what you now wrote in your last post, I suggest you post a request about it in the Feature Request forum. But don't expect anything implemented soon, but maybe sometime.
Closed Thread