StatCounter User Forum  
StatCounter Free web tracker and counter

Go Back   StatCounter User Forum > StatCounter.com > Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 11:48 PM

Default Statcounter vs. google analytics

Today Google Analytics got new face. I am not familiar with statcounter and would apreciate your feedback on features from statcounter vs. analytics

Last edited by srenop; 05-11-2007 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:12 AM

We have had several discussions on this: http://forum.statcounter.com/vb/showthread.php?t=27572

Please do not PM me for support. The forum is here for that.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:20 AM

Hello, I was very interested to read your post on Google Analytics vs Statcounter. I’ve been using Statcounter for quite some time, and for me one of the best features is the ability to see exactly where a visitor has gone in my site. I have now just been able to use Google analytics, and I can not find this feature anywhere. They list all pages visited, but they don’t seem to put it in an order that mirrors the visitors movements, but rather, they list the pages in alphabetical order, making it a little difficult to work out the visitors exact movements and why.

Is there a method of doing this in analytics that I have overlooked?

Last edited by webado; 05-25-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:13 AM

Default agreed with you

yes this is a problem with the analytics, you can see the navigational analysis in the content optimization section, but it will not tell the result keyword wise. in other case this is a really good option to optimise here in statcounter.
My question: i was optimisize my blog with statcounter before putting the code on , analytics were showing the visitor from that blog to my site, but after i put statcounter code on that blog it suddenly stop showing visitors info from that blog on google analytics
Old 05-31-2007, 08:28 AM

If it's the blog in your signature, it doesn't have Google Analytics code on it, it only has Statcounter code.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:29 AM
rossert

Hi all
state counter is a forum and Google is a search engine so in my View how we can compare these both.
Thnx.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossert View Post
Hi all
state counter is a forum and Google is a search engine so in my View how we can compare these both.
Thnx.
Wrong answer.

How and why did you join this forum? To drop a link in you signature?
That's a no-no, as you're about to find out.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:20 PM

Default to chrisooc

i dont know whom you are talking with, but i think only my signature is on this page, you should know the meaning of signature, its your identity if you had problem in it tell statcounter to remove that option. its not neccesary that everyone doing anything only to violate that thing, so please think positive.

regarding to my question:
analytics shows referral source either it has code on that page or not, every site clicks on your link can be shown on analytics, i have many other blogs from where i got regular visitors non are having that problems
Old 06-01-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam123 View Post
i dont know whom you are talking with, but i think only my signature is on this page, you should know the meaning of signature, its your identity if you had problem in it tell statcounter to remove that option. its not neccesary that everyone doing anything only to violate that thing, so please think positive.

regarding to my question:
analytics shows referral source either it has code on that page or not, every site clicks on your link can be shown on analytics, i have many other blogs from where i got regular visitors non are having that problems
Adam123, didn't you see whom I was quoting? It wasn't in reply to any of your posts.

Just like now, since I am quoting you,which means I am replying to you, the post you complained about was quoting somebody else.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracia View Post
Hello, I was very interested to read your post on Google Analytics vs Statcounter. Iíve been using Statcounter for quite some time, and for me one of the best features is the ability to see exactly where a visitor has gone in my site. I have now just been able to use Google analytics, and I can not find this feature anywhere. They list all pages visited, but they donít seem to put it in an order that mirrors the visitors movements, but rather, they list the pages in alphabetical order, making it a little difficult to work out the visitors exact movements and why.

Is there a method of doing this in analytics that I have overlooked?
Analytics doesn't have many features that StatCounter has, it doesn't tell how a visitor is navigating into your web site, how many pages the visitor views, the details of each specific page, visitor's IP address, landing page, exit page, referral URL. It doesn't have the features of Recent Visitor Map, which is my favorite feature. It doesn't have the hour visit details and visiting pages that StatCounter has...

IMO, analytics is nowhere compared to StatCounter.
Closed Thread