StatCounter User Forum  
StatCounter Free web tracker and counter

Go Back   StatCounter User Forum > StatCounter.com > Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Livejournal

How do i add stat counter to livejournal?? i've never used notepad before soa very basic explanationw ould be be kindly appreciated

thnx
Old 09-03-2007, 05:40 PM

Default This is what I do..

I have two projects related to livejournal with stat counter..

I have a friends only entry dated for 2025 so that it stays on the top of my page. (If you don't also have one of those on your journal, make sure you choose the "date out of order" box as well as the date so it doesn't screw up the rest of your posts.) In the friends only post, I include the code for stat counter. Keep in mind, this will only work for people going directly to your page to read it. Friends who read your entries from their friends page won't show up.

I also include the code for the 2nd project on the "about me" section of my user info page" to track who looks at that page as well.

The problem I'm having with this is that all of the other features of stat counter don't seem to work.. basically all of the ones with referring links, where they came from, entry and exit pages, etc.

Anyone have any info on why this is and how to correct it?
Old 09-03-2007, 05:57 PM

You cannot have any url information on Livejournal because you cannot use the full Statcounter code with javascript, which is what's needed in order to have url information.

Please do not PM me for support. The forum is here for that.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirioussonjablue View Post
The problem I'm having with this is that all of the other features of stat counter don't seem to work.. basically all of the ones with referring links, where they came from, entry and exit pages, etc.

Anyone have any info on why this is and how to correct it?
Well, I have no personal experience using Livejournal, so this is just a guess based on what I learned.

So, if Livejournal allows counters at all, then I will guess the Statcounter's HTML Only version is what is possible. Is that what you have, then there is not possible to get those detailed stats that is provided thruu the Javascript portion of the full counter code, e.g. referring links, came from, entry and exit pages, etc.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirioussonjablue View Post
I have two projects related to livejournal with stat counter..

I have a friends only entry dated for 2025 so that it stays on the top of my page. (If you don't also have one of those on your journal, make sure you choose the "date out of order" box as well as the date so it doesn't screw up the rest of your posts.) In the friends only post, I include the code for stat counter. Keep in mind, this will only work for people going directly to your page to read it. Friends who read your entries from their friends page won't show up.

I also include the code for the 2nd project on the "about me" section of my user info page" to track who looks at that page as well.
Great, i've followed your advice, hopefully it'll work. the only thing i did differently was set the post to private...i guess this'll still work??
Old 09-03-2007, 11:28 PM

Whatever private means, but it's posisble it won't be seen by anybody else, therefore you can only count yourself

Visit your livejournal after logging off and check if you see the Statcounter code when viewing the source code of the page. If it's not there, no visitors will be counted ever.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:35 AM

Stat counter only works if I put the text in my user info. It doesn't count page visits for my actual journal, just the profile page. So I posted a friends only entry and backdated it a year ago...still no go. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Old 01-09-2008, 12:55 AM

Where do you have it? Please give the url.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:01 AM

my lj url is: http://esionnoir.livejournal.com/

I'm assuming that's what you're asking for, as I don't have you on my flist so you can't see the actual entries
Old 01-09-2008, 05:28 AM

There's no Statcounter code on that page.

I seem to recall that on Livejournal you may only be able to use the html version of the Statcounter code. You'd add it the way you add images or any other html customization.

But as I don't have such a site myself, I cannot confirm.

Otherwise I obviously don't know where else you think you added the code. If it's on some page that needs authentication, I can't get to it.

Closed Thread