|Home | Demo | Services | Features | Help | User Forum | Blog | About ||
My wish list
I have learned a lot from the people here and StatCounter does a good job. For free, I don't think it is beatable. With that said, I think it could be better. So ...
What I need in a stat counter:
1. How many visitor entered and exited on the same page without visiting any other page on my site. This is the bounce rate.
2. Number of returning visitors. It doesn't matter if they left for .01 second and then came back. They are returning.
a. Give me numbers, not percents or "6 1-5 Returning Visits". Tell me that 1 visitor returned 1 time and 4 returned 3 times and such.
3. Number of visitors minus robots. Yes, I know that not all robots are known. Oh well. Do the best you can.
4. Exit links. I like what is there. Just need to be able to set the "Show domain Only" as a default.
5. Visit length.
a. Give me numbers, not percents or "4 From 5 secs to 30 secs". Tell me that 1 visitor hung around for 5 minutes and 3 hung around for 1 second and such.
6. Allow me to set the number of stats per page. I know it might scroll, that's fine with me. Easier to scroll that the jump back and forth through pages 1 thru x.
7. Popular Pages. Yes, what you have is fine.
8. Keyword Analysis, Recent Keyword Activity, Recent Came From, Search Engine Wars, and such are fine as they are.
9. Something better than cookies to determine the stats. Yes I know that cookies are not reliable and that there might not be anything better, but try, please.
NOTE: Yes, I know I can drill down. I do not have time nor desire to drill down 500 visitors in my logs and compile the stats. If I wanted to do that, I would download my server logs and analyze them. Drill down is fine in some cases and should be kept, but it is not the "end all" that some think.
Any that agree can chime in.
Don't drink and drive. Let your friends and family drive you to drink.