annoying pop up

who likes pop ups?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything you can do about that Tickle pop up when you log in to your stats section.
It even bypasses my google pop-up blocker.

I know it probably keeps things going but when youv'e had a bad day and that annoying pop up comes along when all you wanna do is see your stats, it makes my eyes go bright red! :evil:

Anything but popups that is my one and only problem otherwise I love this program!

Cheers

G

All upgraded a/c's from next week will have the option to disable the banner ads, and that one pop up you receive when you login to view your stats. Unfortunately in order to keep the service profitable we do require that one pop up when you login to view your stats.

The advertising is understandable! but thanks for info about disabling it. I will consider upgrading my account soon as I can because the overall service is excellent and one that I can (and have) highly recommended.

when you have those bad days though it really does make me look like this smiley :evil:

gizagizmo said:
The advertising is understandable! but thanks for info about disabling it. I will consider upgrading my account soon as I can because the overall service is excellent and one that I can (and have) highly recommended.

when you have those bad days though it really does make me look like this smiley :evil:
If you use Spybot it usually blocks Tribalfusion's ads, including the one that generates that pop-up window.

You know you also get this Tickle ad on CNN.com ?

webmaster said:
Well obviously we don't recommend that course of action Christina :)

Ugh - the amount of people we getting saying we installed spybot and now we can't log in to StatCounter any more - I wouldn't recommend that.

Also we'll be considering tracking the members who view the banner ads and pop ups, and the ones that don't. The ones that are, that's great you are supporting the service. The ones that aren't we can tell them to start viewing the banner ads and pop ups or upgrade their account, or we won't be showing your stats. Luckily this isn't a problem yet, and most people are still viewing the ads.

But no I wouldn't recommend installing software to block our ads, or we'll have to stop showing you your stats. Give and take you know. You can't just take, take, take :)
Wait a minute: that Tribafusion banner ad is still there - like decoration :lol: . Except not the pop-ups from their sub-advertisers. If I feel like clicking on it, I can.

I think the only ways anybody will have managed to block Statcounter is by having security settings set to high, or by allowing Spybot to automatically block things, not asking permission individually.

I thought I'd test out the Poll feature on this system. Even this is a great touch!.

Hmm I wonder if webmaster says he likes pop-ups! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.