Block spammers IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't sure what you meant about blocking cookies. Did you mean here?
Nope. In your browser; IE, or Firefox or whatever you use to access the Internet. Although most browsers are usually set to accept all cookies, that may not always be the case. Best to check. In Firefox it's TOOLS/OPTIONS/PRIVACY: 'accept cookies from sites'. Make sure that's checked. There's also a checkbox to 'accept third party cookies' but this does not need to be enabled for Statcounter. I have no idea where you'd find these settings in IE as I haven't used it in years.

Best wishes

Nope. In your browser; IE, or Firefox or whatever you use to access the Internet. Although most browsers are usually set to accept all cookies, that may not always be the case. Best to check. In Firefox it's TOOLS/OPTIONS/PRIVACY: 'accept cookies from sites'. Make sure that's checked. There's also a checkbox to 'accept third party cookies' but this does not need to be enabled for Statcounter. I have no idea where you'd find these settings in IE as I haven't used it in years.

Best wishes
I'm not sure what that has to do with blocking other IPs? But yes I have it set for that.

So I did an experiment and took everything off the IP blocker. Than picked the IP 95.215.2.27, put it in my text editor to scrub it clean. Made sure there was no before or after spaces, copied and pasted it into the IP blocker window, double checked for spaces and entered it. It worked for one day. It worked! Or so I thought; this morning it was back again. :(

I give up. Until something can be done to fix this, I can't rely on my stats as long as these jokers keep doing this. Nothing I do works and I can't figure out why.

It worked for one day. It worked! Or so I thought; this morning it was back again.
And what is IP 95.215.2.27 ? It's not yours, and you should start by blocking your own IP to see if that works.

If you can't make it work, it's best to contact support from within your account so they can take a look and see what may be wrong with it.
We can't help you more from here.

@DebbieTT

Actually you are not blocking any IP s. You are trying to block something like

95.215.2.27/?xurl=http://95.215.2.27/aa24QgMD6K7jacC9f8c74af5e727c905a689db8e​35f4489526k​&​xref=​http:​//yoursite.com

This is known as xurl rdirects

But it is a referral url. Ip address of that visiter is not 95.215.2.27. Please check carefully, Ip address changes everytime.

for example,

in my case Ip address of the above visit is

(Clearwire Corporation (96.26.68.39) [Label IP Address] 0 returning visits)

another visit from the same xurl redirect's IP address is

(Empire Access (66.115.79.51) [Label IP Address] 0 returning visits)

So, Ip changes everytime. So you can't block them by blocking some IPs.

I am still finding a way to block them via httaccess.

Status
Not open for further replies.