BRAND new, questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BNDAZ

well, here is the bottom line.
i have a webpage that i am going to have hosted through godaddy
The page was built using a program called webeasy pro( please supress your laughter ) remember i am new to this : )

Do i need to wait until it is "live" before i proceed?
My question more speciffically is... how do i add the counter to the page? Do i publish it and then add it from my account here, or do i have to add it before it is published?
Thanks !

You can add the counter to your web page before the DNS info has propagated (i.e. before it is "live"), while it is still just on your own pc. It's just like any other code you add to your page, like part of the design. After that you upload to your web space using whatever upload method you'd use on the rest of the web site.

I don't know how webeasy works, but if it publishes directly to the web, then perhaps it needs the web site to be fully available (live) first before you can publish anything yet.

BNDAZ

Thanks for the reply.
In web easy i build the site using drag and drop and such. Once i have finished i click "build" and it creates a file that i can upload to my host.
Within that file there is a file with the extension .htm. Is that where i would add the counter? The only thing is...i cant seem to be able to open that file in any way that i can add or edit the code...it just opens IE id idouble click it. If i click on "edit" it opends in word, but as a webpage?
I appreciate any input.

BNDAZ

Excellent !
I pasted the code as you suggested . The page now shows the tracker in the upper left when i open it.
I am curious as to how to place the counter elsewhere on the page, such as centered on the bottom of the page.

Thanks !

BNDAZ

athats what i thought it would do as well. The site is not yet live so i cant post the URL.
I will double check everything
Thanks

BNDAZ

The hosting is set-up. The code is loaded on the page, i am told it will take a day or two to "propogate" the host and then i wil be be able to upload the page.
Evrything should work as it sits. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.