Combine two counters for same site?

Discussion in 'Help' started by MaliasMiles, Apr 7, 2018.

1. MaliasMiles

MaliasMiles New Member

I started the html site maliasmiles.com several years ago. Later, I started a WordPress version and it has a different statcounter project. It took me a while to get all html pages copied over to the WP version, but now that I have, I'd like to have the two projects combined into one. Is that possible or do I just delete that old project that's no longer being used. Thanks!

2. webado

webado Moderator

You can create a group of projects for both and keep the old project there. You can always combine the lifetime totals manually.
    We used to have the option to adjust the total for a given project but that seems to have been removed.

3. webado

webado Moderator

You know you could have used the same old project on the new site's pages. Then it would have been seamless.

4. MaliasMiles

MaliasMiles New Member

Yes, this is definitely one of those moments where "if I knew then what I know now, I would have done it differently." But at the time, I had somebody doing this for me and I had no clue what he did or why.

I moved the two projects to new combined group, but if I could just take the total from the old site and add it to the newer one, that would be better. Then I could just delete the old project.

What I would really like to do is what you said, "You can always combine the lifetime totals manually." I can't see how to do that, so please let me know how.

Many thanks!

5. webado

webado Moderator

As I said, until fairly recently you could have modified the total on a project. I don't really know whan that disappeared.
    When I say combine lifetime totals manually I mean just that. The total of one project + the total from another project. The group will show this for you anyway.

6. MaliasMiles

MaliasMiles New Member

Oh, OK, I get it now. Thanks!