Does anyone target bing search instead of google?

hey folks,does anyone focus on bing search or yahoo search or any others and not google?
i am wanting to get into these engines but there is so little info about seo in bing. it produces utterly different results much of which is nowhere on google and vice versa.
any ideas how good it is to be on bing at the top?

depends on!

The question is a bit broad, but generally speaking I would say that most of the traffic that we get for our own website is from Google. If you do well in Google search you will automatically starting showing up in Bing search as well. Obviously, Bing's algorithm is a bit different from Google's, so you might rank better in one search engine and worse in another. At the end of the day you have to look at the market your are operating in and see where the traffic is coming from and what you are going to do to attract it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bing!

As already mentioned Google rates very high - getting 96% of all traffic.

Personally, as a search engine, I do prefer Bing and get excellent results.

I am sure those of you out there will have seen the test asking you to choose in their bring it on:

http://www.bingiton.com

I am a bit two-faced though because I have Google AdSense and Google search engines on my own website! ;-)

i like what you said and checked that out.
I looked where i ranked on ask and it is pretty identical to google so i guess they just copy them.
Can i ask a question also.
My main site for distributing my inbound links is http://www.375phen.com
I every day use index kings to go through it and I also use all the free pingng services. yet when I check the cache on google it is still weeks old.
are these rapid indexing sites pointless???
I admit I am a complete sucker for anything that promises things.#
I have spend hundreds on fiverr.com and got zero from all of it.
Is there any website in existence that can make your main page get indexed very quickly??? is there even one???
Thanks

Paid Ads in Bing

Addition to SEO in Bing and Google relationship, I'd like to talk about that of paid ads as well. I'm adding up paid ads into my strategy on top of SEO, and found Bing has quite reasonable price per click. Though it gives me a lot limited choices on keywords to choose since its monthly search in general is a way lower in most of keywords than Google, still I could find good keywords to target with reasonable expectation of hits. Just more controlled traffic but lower cost than Google Ads.

So... the fact that that only seems to work with Bing didn't make your buddy wonder why? Like maybe Google is much more demanding of quality and probity?

According to Searchmetrics study, these are the SEO Factors which Bing considers in its ranking.

(1) Top brands rank higher on Bing, as they do in Google.
(2) Backlink numbers are closely linked to higher rankings on Bing
(3) Social signals closely linked to higher rankings
(4) Quality content is important for search rankings
(5) On page technical factors are a must have

So... the fact that that only seems to work with Bing didn't make your buddy wonder why? Like maybe Google is much more demanding of quality and probity?
He makes it in such that it specificly works with Bing, it's way easier to get higher ranks with Bing on certain keywords than it is on google, because there is less competition. This way he gets more traffic from Bing than google....

Bing SEO

In my experience, totaly different things apply to get higher ranking on Bing. First keywords that are highly important in Google are as important in Bing. Bing also counts nofollow links, something Google doesn´´t. Bing also brings up newer sites much faster than Google. To get ranked well in Google you will need to make Google+page and connect it to webpage, something that doesn´t matter with Bing.

Using Bing ads doesn't mean you are targeting the Bing search engine. It is searchers who determine which search engine they'll use, and Google is by far the search engine of choice.

hey folks,does anyone focus on bing search or yahoo search or any others and not google?
i am wanting to get into these engines but there is so little info about seo in bing. it produces utterly different results much of which is nowhere on google and vice versa.
any ideas how good it is to be on bing at the top?

Hi,

Mostly, I use google to search the website as it is very user-friendly and compatible with most of the websites. Oh by the way, I am starting to monetize my blog and have just recently created my website and hopefully I can be able to write at least 3 articles weekly to increase my audience. I am very new in this thing and I would very much appreciate it if you could check out my website and blog and let me know what you think. Here is the link to my website. Thank you all so much in advance. Take care everyone!