Does the "Paid Traffic" counter work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a few of our clients use pay per click, I believe they are all google ad campaigns. When I check the statcounter listing, it does not show any clicks. I don't think that is right. Is this working?

The sites are:
www.zimmermanphs.com
www.rotorooterkzoo.com
www.cleanearthenvironmental.com

I am not working on or responsible for the pay per click, but they are asking me if I can tell what is going on because their hits have gone down.

Can you tell me if the Paid Traffic counter function is working?

Thank you!

I for one cannot tell you whether that feature works or not because I don't use Adwords.

I believe you can recognize hits that come from a clicked ad (where your ad appeared in Adsense on some site and was clicked) through a query string attached to the landing page url. For the hit to be logged by Statcounter the visitor's browser must for starters not block tracking (i.e. not block third party images). Then you must view full urls (not chopped urls) in the stats.

I guess that the specific Paid traffic stats work by identifying those same query string parameters added by Adwords (Adsense) and report them that way.

StatCounterJen

StatCounter Team
The new paid traffic stats track all ad campaigns from google and bing ads automatically.

Note that you must get actual click-throughs (i.e. you must have paid traffic) to your site in order for stats to be recorded under our Paid Traffic stat. If ads are simply displayed for your site, but no-one clicks through to your site then there are no paid traffic stats to report.

I checked the stats for www.zimmermanphs.com and, certainly, it has no paid traffic. I think they'd need to check their google ad campaigns and make sure they are still active. Have they actually received any recent pay per click traffic from Google according to their Google account? From our perspective, nothing has been recorded from a google ad campaign in the last 5 weeks for that site.

I also used a US proxy and tried all kinds of relevant keyword combinations however I didn't manage to find one instance of a Google ad for the website.

I am grateful for the time you have taken. Our client tells me that their pay per click has been shifted to yellowbook and/or AT&T, for what it is worth. No wonder nothing is recording. Thank you again for looking into this!

Hugh

StatCounterJen

StatCounter Team
I am grateful for the time you have taken. Our client tells me that their pay per click has been shifted to yellowbook and/or AT&T, for what it is worth. No wonder nothing is recording. Thank you again for looking into this!

Hugh
Glad to help :)

Note that we are trying to identify any additional ad networks that our members would like tracked (where possible) in the Paid Traffic area. If you have any suggestions, please do let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.