getting a blank "Refresh Page"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure why, but on my computer at home, when I try to go to www.statcounter.com to log in and check my stats, I started getting a blank browser that says "Refresh Page" in the title bar of the browser (Internet Explorer)

We were having problems with our DSL and my husband was on the phone with a tech, but I don't know what they did.

Anyone know what might cause this to happen?

Thanks

Moved to the Help forum.

Is that the only address which you are not able to access?

Are you getting to the Statcounter home page and only end up with a blank page after logging in?

Possibly all the security settings have been set too high, but you'll have to do some investigating. Click Tools > Internet Options and go through everything there.

Last edited:
steph428 said:
I am not sure why, but on my computer at home, when I try to go to www.statcounter.com to log in and check my stats, I started getting a blank browser that says "Refresh Page" in the title bar of the browser (Internet Explorer)

We were having problems with our DSL and my husband was on the phone with a tech, but I don't know what they did.

Anyone know what might cause this to happen?

Thanks
I Have found the solution,
Here Are the steps to take to fix the problem

Go to network connections
Chose and open the connection you use to access the internet
Go to the properties
in the general tab, go to the Internet protocal (TCP/IP)
Highlight and click properties
In the General Tab, click obtain Ip Address automatically
Also click obtain DNS Server Address automatically
Click ok
In the wireless conection properties main tab
click ok
Restart your computer because it may not work instantly
Then you are done
I hope I have been a good help because I have been in the same
situation and it is frustrating
Take care!!

Last edited:
I was referred to this solution from another thread. My husband had this same problem start up early this week. Eventually came here to find help.

I would like to thank you, numma1stunna, for this solution. I except it will help even more people.

Thank You

warmly,
Sassafras

Status
Not open for further replies.