Google Keyword Problem

That's odd - multiple project imports are working for me. Were you using the bulk import page? http://statcounter.com/import-gwt-data/
Yes, I tried to add both www and non-www version at same time, but seemed to work one version at a time. Now when I look at the import options, it seems to still list the www version of the site as available to import, and then on the right, it lists in two separate green boxes/balloons and both have the non-www version in each.

Perhaps SC didn't like trying both versions at the same time. Perhaps, when I did add individually, I did the www version first, then when I added the non-www version, it kicked out the www version for the non-www version.

Also, guess I have to re-import the GWT data to refresh SC GWT stats.

Interesting, I like what I see for sure :)

Web Tools and Keywords

I have previously set up my Google Webmaster Tools and so that part was done.
I went in to manage site and added user import.xxxxxx@statcounter.com
which is now listed there.
But when I come back here and click on Import Google Keyword Data I get:
Import Failed
Has import.xxxxxx@statcounter.com been added as a user in your Google Webmaster Tool account?
What am I doing wrong?
Thank you
Website is digitelldesign.com

Last edited by a moderator:

webmaster

StatCounter CEO
Staff member
Hi digitell,

The domain you enter on StatCounter for the import must *exactly* match the domain you have registered with GWT.

I removed the "www." from www.digitelldesign.com and attempted the import again. It worked first time. Your keyword data has been imported. Enjoy the convenience of having all your keyword data in one place!

Last edited:
Keyword Analysis Data

I created a Google Webmaster Tools account on June 29 for two projects that I'm managing and set up my statcounter account to import the data and it still shows "Import Successful" but when I check the Keyword Analysis page it only shows data through July 9. Why isn't statcounter updating the keywords? I haven't changed anything in the settings of either statcounter or Google Webmaster since I set up the import.

Thanks
Websites are www.agfranz.com and www.blankom-usa.com

webmaster

StatCounter CEO
Staff member
I created a Google Webmaster Tools account on June 29 for two projects that I'm managing and set up my statcounter account to import the data and it still shows "Import Successful" but when I check the Keyword Analysis page it only shows data through July 9. Why isn't statcounter updating the keywords? I haven't changed anything in the settings of either statcounter or Google Webmaster since I set up the import.

Thanks
Websites are www.agfranz.com and www.blankom-usa.com
Hi agfranz,

Could you log into your Google Webmaster Tools account at https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ - can you view any keywords there? If there is no keyword info available in GWT we won't be able to import anything.

Hi agfranz,

Could you log into your Google Webmaster Tools account at https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ - can you view any keywords there? If there is no keyword info available in GWT we won't be able to import anything.
Yes the keyword info in GWT is up to date. When I "forced" an import just now, by deleting import.xxx@statcounter.com from the GWT users, clicking Import Google Keyword Data so that I get an Import failed alert, and then readding the import.xxx@statcounter.com User to GWT and clicking Import again, it updated the Keyword Analysis Data through July 27, even though before it was still only showing data through July 9. I thought statcounter imported the data automatically? I don't have time to periodically "force" an import.

webmaster

StatCounter CEO
Staff member
Yes the keyword info in GWT is up to date. When I "forced" an import just now, by deleting import.xxx@statcounter.com from the GWT users, clicking Import Google Keyword Data so that I get an Import failed alert, and then readding the import.xxx@statcounter.com User to GWT and clicking Import again, it updated the Keyword Analysis Data through July 27, even though before it was still only showing data through July 9. I thought statcounter imported the data automatically? I don't have time to periodically "force" an import.
Yes StatCounter automatically imports new data every day. That's very strange. We'll keep an eye on this. If you notice this happen again, that we're not importing new data please let us know. We'll get a fix for it.

webmaster

StatCounter CEO
Staff member
I investigated your account and there was indeed a problem. We've deployed a fix for this issue. You should not have this happen again, if you have any more trouble with importing data please let me know.