Got us mystified??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,
Back for advise after quite some time, but strange things are happening on our website. All through its life our website sales have grown slightly month on month, not massively but still in the right direction..never get rich from it, but it keeps us going. Anyway, this month our sales have virtually stopped for some strange reason...not by one or two but drastically. The stats are still around the same for visitors and page loads as always, but people have just stopped buying. We have survived all through the 'ressession' with no loss of sales, but why now??? Has anyone here with a retail site noticed any unsual changes in sales this month or is it just us. We are at a loss...we have not changed anything on our site and all the buttons forpayments appear to be working. If anyone can offer any light or advise on this we would be very greatful, as you always have been a great source of help in the past. look forward to any responce we might get. our website address is
www.gourangaoo4u.co.uk
thanks
Kevin and Janet

maybe this is just one of many reasons why...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-standard/rural/4769914/Wool-price-rise-boost-to-economy

I don't know but I do suppose it is worth looking at...

I had my best year last year...it beat the 5 previous years combined...Yes, it has dropped off a bit...I provision broadband access...no product to sell...how do you sell broadband? by the ounce... anyway good luck. :)

Have your serps changed? ...on Google mainly? They just changed up on their algorithm again recently, maybe a competitor is swiping some of your business? I don't know... just an idea.

Last edited:
FWIW I am using FF 3.6.15 and the top menu buttons are all over the content text and paypal button -

I tried a few pages and they seem the same. It seems like the point size is way larger than it should be. Maybe traffic is still coming but people are having a tough time reading the content etc.

I took a screenshot but forget how to post jpgs here :)

Maybe the Hippy cult has just run out of Hip!
Only joking.
Retailing is suffering in places but you appear to have a niche market and I wouldn't think your lack of sales is anything to do with this. It's more likely to be due to a technical issue on the site, as has been suggested.

I'm not seeing site problem in Firefox 3.6.15.

I have noted that my hits are down recently (this month for sure). I seldom get sales so can't speak for that.

I'm not seeing site problem in Firefox 3.6.15.
I didn't see any either Frank, that's why I checked the price of wool, with the dollar so weak, and wool climbing sky high, I would have bet it's a cost factor more than a button misplaced.

then again, it could be all of these and it could be none of these reasons. Who can know for sure?
The Bees Know...
I don't know what the Bees know, and how could I, I'm not a Bee... one thing is for sure...the Bees know.

Last edited:
hiya

here's a screen shot - note the overlapping menu text buttons and the blue line going out to right field and the content text has lime green overlapping aqua - and that's just on the one page

'Animal hats' covers Info button on the Cotton Tops page and http://www.gourangaoo4u.co.uk/hippy-cotton-hoodies.html page has the paypal button obscured.

Not sure why I see in FF and the guys don't - :)

Attachments

Some pages for me have a bit of over lap. I looked at the source code for the animal hats, and notice you have the statcounter code in the wrong place. It should go at the very end of the page code, just before the closing body </body> tag.

I noticed because when the page is loading, the statcounter code briefly shows in the very top left corner of the page.

gourangaoo

Thank you for your replys. we have had this problem with over lap for a long time. because we do not know how to make the web site central on all sizes of screens. any help would be great.

Many Thanks

Janet

Thank you for your replys. we have had this problem with over lap for a long time. because we do not know how to make the web site central on all sizes of screens. any help would be great.

Many Thanks

Janet
Is that then ruling "overlap" out as the culprit for reducing your business? If the overlap has been a problem for a long time but the drop off in activity is recent, sounds like to me.

Increasing my website traffic

Thank you all for taking the time to look at our site. today we spent all day sorting out buttons. we feel we have improved the web page , but would be gratefull for a second opinion.

Many Thanks

janet and Kevin

Just down loaded FF4. and i see waht tyou mean. the web site is to the left because it was develpoed on a small sceen. we have never been able to work out how to get it central on all sizes of screens. but we feel it is a little better.

Any ideas on how to make it central on all screens would be great.

Kind Regards

Janet and Kevin

Just down loaded FF4. and i see waht tyou mean. the web site is to the left because it was develpoed on a small sceen. we have never been able to work out how to get it central on all sizes of screens. but we feel it is a little better.

Any ideas on how to make it central on all screens would be great.

Kind Regards

Janet and Kevin
The following in the css if you use it and divs will center your main content div. I've not looked at your code so I don't know what you use.

margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;

Good Morning all.

Thank you for you last post. as we are total novices with this web site building we need a little help. i have looked at the last post from sharron (thanks). this web site was built by ourselfs useing dreamweaver. the site is built useing a series of layers. we are not familiar with css. the code you sent is it possible to put this somwhere in the html ?. i have tried a few places with no luck.

If you could have a look and if possible try to explain. i will have another go.
I am sure if we can solve this it will help.

Kind Regards

kevin and Janet

Is that then ruling "overlap" out as the culprit for reducing your business? If the overlap has been a problem for a long time but the drop off in activity is recent, sounds like to me.
Yes, the drop in sales has only happened in the last month, upto that point sales have slowly grown month on month for the past 7 years. So the website crossover problems have never had any effect so far...but maybe would have taken even more sales had it been working correctly on all browsers, but that isnt the problem, we just wondered if any other retail websites had noticed takings down in the past month. if its a trend in spending then we have to accept it, but if something has happened to the website we are unaware of we can try to fix that. Heelllppp!

Status
Not open for further replies.