Happy Mother's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
China Tea said:
Happy Mother's Day Chris, Sharron and to all mother-members of this forum.

Have a wonderful day with people who love you!

China T.
Thank you China. And a great day to you too, whether you are or not a mother.

And to everybody else too, why not?

Now if only my kids (and/or hubby) actually remember it..... yeah, right. :lol:

China Tea said:
Have a wonderful day with people who love you!

China T.
That should be a wish for every day I think.

In the UK the day was actually celebrated on March 6 this year. The date changes every year- probably (cynical head on) to fit in with card manufacturers profits :)

The Gent wrote:

That should be a wish for every day I think.
I agree . . . not only for mothers but for everybody . . .

So may I say Happy Mother's Day Gent and all the other gentlemen in this forum! :)

China T

here I go, blubbering again.
China thanks for remembering us you are just to sweet for words.

Where are all you wonderful people in "my physical" world? Need you as neighbors. lol

Wanna move anyone?

Sharron said:

Where are all you wonderful people in "my physical" world? Need you as neighbors. lol

Wanna move anyone?
Oh, I'd move to Texas in a heartbeat if you folks stop brandishing guns at every turn :wink:

I visited last summer the San Antonio area, and everybody - I mean everybody - had some kind of gun in their truck (yep, all were driving trucks, huge 4x4's and other behemoths). Not that I saw the guns being used, it was in fact very quaintly rural, dead after 10pm, etc, but it's a bit chilling to know that under every car seat there's a gun at the ready just the same.

...Oh, I'd move to Texas in a heartbeat if you folks stop brandishing guns at every turn
I would move to Texas tomorrow. Never been there but hey, so what.

4x4's everywhere.......Well supersize my truck. I have a plan you see. If our generation uses up all the fossel fuels by driving huge trucks, the next generation will not feel guilty and will be a lot fitter as they will have to walk everywhere. :lol:

chrisooc said:
Sharron said:

Wanna move anyone?
Oh, I'd move to Texas in a heartbeat if you folks stop brandishing guns at every turn :wink:

I visited last summer the San Antonio area, and everybody - I mean everybody - had some kind of gun in their truck (yep, all were driving trucks, huge 4x4's and other behemoths). Not that I saw the guns being used, it was in fact very quaintly rural, dead after 10pm, etc, but it's a bit chilling to know that under every car seat there's a gun at the ready just the same.
haha, I don't have a gun under my seat, nor does my husband, our's are safely locked up, where I dont' even know. I think the redneck's favor brandishing arms. I drive a Mistsubishi Eclipse Spyder convertible, but the better half drives a " hmmmmmmm" truck, but not so big, no dualies.

Texans are Texans and unique. I am not a native, but am home fur sure.

Guns? Plural? Yikes!

LOL! You'd better find out where those blasted firearms are located - better to know than not to, I think, this way no surprises.

The Spider must be nice, eh?

Dropped In to say Happy Mom's Day and Hello

Just dropped by to say Happy Mom's Day and hello everyone!

Here's a juicy tidbit of personal Mom's Day experience.

I recently contacted my biological mother. Never knew her for almost 48 years. I've been introduced to 1 of 3 half siblings. Also an uncle and a cousin. It's all like my life's dream come true.

Anyway, I called her this morning to wish her a happy Mom's day. I can detect myself getting more comfortable with the new situation just as I believe she is too.

This is really awesome, friends.

Wishes from my side too to all mothers in here :) . Live long after we die. Just thinking how important role mothers play in our life since birth. Amazing and asks nothing in return.

wow dsl guy!

that must be a unique experience . . . meeting the woman who you first connected with after almost 48 years . . . she must be so happy to hear you call her mom for the first time! I am so very happy for you and for your mom. God bless both of you!

China T

Moms

Thanks for the special blessing China T :)

I'm sensitive to when you say first "connected" to. :cry: Yes, she was the first but if you don't mind - "also the first to disconnect."

My mind thinks of mom as the woman who adopted me and reared me. I hear her words in my memories of her. :)

The Mom I get to know now is the last to "Connect" also. But no matter,
it's all ultimately a huge blessing to put an end to a chapter in our lives.

:eek:
Here is something for the stats...For someone using the internet in their search for someone else...

I posted my story with just a couple of superficial facts at Geneology.com Forum. Maybe a month later someone from San Diego, CA known as "Search Angel" contacted me via email. She informed me that she may have contacted my biological mother. I replied with "give me proof". I never heard from Search Angel again.

It wasn't until the 2nd or third day of April this year, just a week more than a year later, I get a phone call from a man and his wife saying they are my aunt and uncle and they were authorized to contact me from my mom. That's the story in a nutshell. The rest is becoming history.

So the internet played a role in my life - changing my life forever. It could have only happened in a time and age of high technology and instant messaging like we are in today. That too is a mixed bag of blessings.

Oh, what a lovely rose..... Tell me it's from your garden .... last year's crop maybe?

Speaking of garden, how is the palm tree and how are the salads? :D

chrisooc said:
Oh, what a lovely rose..... Tell me it's from your garden .... last year's crop maybe?

Speaking of garden, how is the palm tree and how are the salads? :D
yes, last year. it was a small tree (standard rose), but I made the shot with macro.

Everything is in the ground, peas, beans, potatoes and zucchinis. Salads are ok but they grow slowly, thanks for them. :lol:
at the end of the week that will be the turn of tomatoes.
the palm tree is ok too. In fact quite silencious and nice green color. I understand he is ok. 8)

with all that I forgot the flowers too! :?

Patrice

Status
Not open for further replies.