Higher Traffic Politics or Economic Driven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Friends,

October surely has brought our tiny world an October Surprise - higher internet traffic and internet sales. Since I am the only one who will toot a horn for me, I told you so in a recent past post asking the question whether this would be the result of our common deprivation of credit and cash.

This month my measley traffic has doubled and increases every week over the previous week. Is it politically driven or is it economics? Simply put is it the election driving dial up subscribers to switch to high speed internet or is it people who want to take advantage of a cheaper service than the one they currently have? Maybe it's a little of both. I am averaging at least one broadband sale a day. The majority are residential.

The point I am driving to is if you are selling online, you are poised to do ok this year. That is a fact.

China Tea - it is little wonder your SHOP DROPS traffic is so high and sales are increasing. ;-)

Get ready capitalistic friends with online commercial sites. Christmas is coming fast.

Wish my sites would increase. :)

As you say, for selling online it is good. For others, I wonder? So far I have seen little increase, if any. Bit as a abnormal web directory, that might be expected.

By the way, I added a link to your Lamar County Texas DSL site to my lamar.countystation.com site. :)

Hey Frank Give me some skin ......

...... and tell me where you been! Thanks for the link. Have you seen any come in thru the testimonial link?

What exactly are the products you offer online?

Frank

Have you ever thought about an eBay business? I do ebay too! 100% of my product is recycled products that come from local thrift stores Good Will and / or Salvation Army.

This is a good relationship because I find good stuff for outrageously low prices and I can resell it on ebay for huge profits.

On the other side of this coin is that every dollar I spend at one of these kinds of stores helps local people who need help and those outside our country too! :)

You just don't know when you might find one of those quarter-million-dollar treasures too! The real fun is in the hunt.

If you are thinking about it, I suggest to just search around ebay and see what people are buying up. See what collectibles sell best and fast. See what kinds of new items sell well and which brands. Study it so when you go shopping you'll know what to look for.

...... and tell me where you been! Thanks for the link. Have you seen any come in thru the testimonial link?

What exactly are the products you offer online?
I've not noticed anything trough the testimonial link, but that's not unusual. I don't look at the stats than many people rave about.

I really don't offer products. Mine is a web directory of sorts. Unusual in the respect that it is not just a list of links like most directories. Yes, it has lists of links, but there is also history, photos and such.

I've started a project that is guaranteed to keep me busy for the rest of my life and longer. It's countystation.com and should be a giant thing if ever finished. Maybe my kids will continue it after I'm gone. :)

I've not noticed anything trough the testimonial link, but that's not unusual. I don't look at the stats than many people rave about.

I really don't offer products. Mine is a web directory of sorts. Unusual in the respect that it is not just a list of links like most directories. Yes, it has lists of links, but there is also history, photos and such.

I've started a project that is guaranteed to keep me busy for the rest of my life and longer. It's countystation.com and should be a giant thing if ever finished. Maybe my kids will continue it after I'm gone. :)
You know ... that is exactly how I feel too! My kids are quickly going through their teens and are basically of the internet generation. They love stuff like facebook and Myspace. They have not yet figured out you can monetize the web.

My bandwidth site is there and will be there unless something takes me down. There is no reason I can see that would cause that to happen. So when I go to my final resting place, that site will still be there to make dinero. Been 5 years already.

You know ... that is exactly how I feel too! My kids are quickly going through their teens and are basically of the internet generation. They love stuff like facebook and Myspace. They have not yet figured out you can monetize the web.

My bandwidth site is there and will be there unless something takes me down. There is no reason I can see that would cause that to happen. So when I go to my final resting place, that site will still be there to make dinero. Been 5 years already.
I taught my son about computers and he's better than I am in that area. He tells me that he has to laugh when someone asks him for help and he drops to a Dos box and does stuff. Probably one of the few that actually know how to do that. Yeah, I'm a bit proud of him. :)

I hope he wil take over after I am gone, but if he doesn't, he will at least know how to take the site down and stuff. :lol:

This should be part of what all people who use the web and webmasters do: that is document all your accounts online - domains - memberships etc with passwords and instructions on what to do in case of such an event we know will come sooner or later.

I wonder how many people do though?

Well ...

Main Stream AP and others are really playing up a 5% decrease in sales this Christmas shopping season.

On the flip-side - Amazon .com is reporting their biggest sales numbers ever in internet sales.

:neutral:

I'd guess that at least half the financial problems in the USA stock market, and other places, is/was panic generated. The media makes it worse. Once started, it snowballs into what we have now.

The stock market was going up at a good, sometimes amazing, rate. It was unreasonable to expect this to go on forever, but people can't see that. Then the inevitable drop happens. Something "goes bust". It just happened to be the housing market. The new people get the story (true or not) and starts its sensationalizing campaign. Panic erupts and people start selling like crazy. This makes the whole thing look worse. The news feed off of this and we have the snowball. Hopefully the news people will move on to the 'next big sensational' story soon and all this will level out.

Just my opinion.

Your forecast was accurate, DSL DAN

Hello Friends,

The point I am driving to is if you are selling online, you are poised to do ok this year. That is a fact.

China Tea - it is little wonder your SHOP DROPS traffic is so high and sales are increasing. ;-)
Despite the recession, online sales upped the highest in my 4 years in business.

Starting Dec 10, I was getting an average of 10 orders a day. October thru November, I was averaging 5 orders a day.

The above was the reason why I just do not have the time to socialize anymore.:(

Belated Merry Christmas to all and hope that 2009 will even be better!!!

It's been 40 years

http://www.walthowe.com/navnet/history.html

2 generations since the first arpanet packets were served.

cool link above that goes through snippets of the history of the internet.

Environmentalists want us consumers to use less petro? We can do that by utilizing the web more. The internet drives a huge sector of industry with the transfer of data. WallStreet anyone?

I think we will experience major strides in high speed connectivity of the globe these coming months. Even in your area Sharron. Hi China... go girl!

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.