how to get 1000 hits per day

Discussion in 'Lounge (non-StatCounter related topics here!)' started by neha30, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neha30

neha30 New Member

hi everyone?
    can anyone tell me any methodology how to get 1000 visitors per day on a website just in a day work on the website of hearing aids.

Regards,
    Neha

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2010
  2. raysor

raysor New Member

Nice maiden post!

3. jaunty_mellifluous

jaunty_mellifluous New Member

Very simple really, just go to your website and hit on refresh 1000 times!

You can also get 500 more hits as an extra bonus if you click on refresh 500 more times.

Enjoy. :(

4. brad91

brad91 New Member

HA, you guys are funny on here. I admit that is a funny question.
    When someone figures it out let me know too. I have to do it the hard way.
    Lots of advertising, lots of articles, lots of forum comments, lots of this and lots of that, wait lots of time...

5. 007Abe

007Abe New Member

You have to find some less competitive keywords (to achieve first page of search engines easily) for your website that brings at least 1000 searches / day from visitors.

6. raysor

raysor New Member

A day's work. Depends how fast you work!! Or perhaps you mean a day each week?

Good content is most important - and I don't mean loads of keywords, I mean ux. Write your content FOR your visitors, write something YOU would find interesting and your half way there.
    Then validate your code - google w3c validator. VERY important.
    Then get your description tags sorted also very important.
    Then keep your page load quick - google website optimisation.
    Then get on webmaster tools - submit a sitemap and check the HTML suggestions regularly - google will tell you if there's anything it doesn't like.
    Do these things and I GUARANTEE you'll see an increase.
    It gets harder after this. Page structure - make sure things are in the right order - title, h1, h2, paragraphs. Put your important keywords near the top.
    If you've done all this, google wordtracker - find the popular terms and track your positions - if you want to move up, make sure these terms are in your title tags etc.
    Even harder - build some links (genuine ones) and use the keywords in the links.
    Then keep repeating all these steps whilst adding content regularly.
    If it sounds like hard work il do it for you for a fee

I must confess we have never had 1000 hits in a day on our best website (Shareworld, ranked 383,976 by Alexa) but I am sure it would be a piece of cake-just post a few posts in some well visited forums in the same field including links to some of the unique content.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  7. 007Abe

007Abe New Member

Thank you for this , don't know why i always forgot !

8. raysor

raysor New Member

9. DSL Guy

DSL Guy New Member

number 1 Nibbler...cool.

But I have a question about traffic building...

What are the pro's and con's of having a guest blogger?

I get steady return low level traffic a very un-politically correct website of mine. I get a lot of angry visitors that love to spam me but I also get quite a lot of repeat visitors who use the site religiously for my lists.

Today I got a visit from a high profile US org requesting to be allowed as a guest blogger. I don't mind but what is there I should be wary about? If it got too out of hand I suppose I could delete the guest blogger's post.

Is this a technique inclined toward building traffic? I also suppose it might depend who the guest blogger is, known or unknown, full of BS like me or not full.

Any thoughts to share?

10. Alf Walters

Alf Walters New Member

Hits are no good unless they buy your product am I right?

If your website gets thousands of hits but noone buys your product then what does it matter unless your site is a forum for debate like this one?

Saying that, I'd run to Glasgow and back ovvernight in the rain if I could get 1000 eager buyers to grace my pages each day!!!!
    But seriously, I have seen adverts offering hits for a fee, but what is the point if these hits are not buyers of your product? Maybe there is some ad clicking promises that are not explicit on offer but who would ever admit that online? he he he!!

11. raysor

raysor New Member

Sort of stating the obvious. Is that saying you don't want visitors you just want to sell product? I think you have to look at visitors and your product (or content leading to product) with equal intensity.
    Let's say it is a product that everyone buys (like potatoes). Then the visitors hardly have to be targetted.
    Another situation is when you are not actually selling a product or maybe your source of revenue has not yet been pin-pointed. And you are primarily building a visitor base.

12. Alf Walters

Alf Walters New Member

I agree with you somewhat. But of all the people who serf the web very few buy, including me. But I have also noticed that those who buy seem to buy QUICKLY. I have capitalised to emphasise it.They see and buy quick.
    Not all see and buy quick but some do.
    In my business a single buyer leads to a repeated buyer.
    Would I be out of line with modern thinking if I said that all commercial websites are trying to sell something whether it be advvertising or an actual product? Because outside of that we only have fun projects and private stuff.
    Maybe I am wrong.

13. raysor

raysor New Member

I was thinking of when sites are building up a visitor base. When we built our Shareworld site we tried hard not to think or worry about making money, just concentrated on getting visitors. Even now we are re-investing all the income in order to improve the site and get more visitors.

14. yullah

yullah New Member

Please, how can backlink increase traffic

15. 007Abe

007Abe New Member

i've already answered to this question few post ago:

find the right keywork, use it as anchor_text for your backlinks.

16. Alf Walters

Alf Walters New Member

I agree that building a customer loyalty is important. I will try to do this more from now on. Thanks.

17. Fluzox

Fluzox New Member

This is exactly how I do it. Backlinks are very important but if you're site doesn't have proper metatags google is still not convinced

18. webado

webado Moderator

The only metatags Google cares about are the description meta tag (not used for indexing and ranking but helps visitors understand what the page is about) and the robots metatag in case it specifies noindex or nofollow or any other negative directive.

The keywords metatag is NOT USED.

The single most important piece of real estate on a page is the title tag - which is only valuable if it is unique (to the website) and accurately describes in 70 characters or less the page content. Worthless if it's the same for all pages, and much worse if it's stuffed full of spam.

19. tom paine

tom paine New Member

Just set a Google adwords account with Britney Naked Pics in the title:-D
    You really do need to ask why you want visitors, vanity? commerce? publicity?
    It's easy to buy visitors, give me a few quid and I'll visit your site 1000 times a day, good content is king, you only need visitors that interest you.

20. raysor

raysor New Member

second two!

Oh,ok, all three.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.