IE Developer Toolbar

Discussion in 'Lounge (non-StatCounter related topics here!)' started by lucky, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucky

lucky Guest

2. webado

webado Moderator

Wow! Wonderful! I'd been wondering for the longest time why there wasn't just such a tool.

Thank you.

3. jonra01

jonra01 New Member

Nice looking tool. It should prove useful for debugging layout and css problems in IE.

4. Sharron

Sharron Moderator

Oh, this looks very interesting. Downloading as I type. I must say without even having this installed, that is about time IE got with the program. lol

Can't wait to see how it stacks up to FF's.

Thanks for the link!

5. jonra01

jonra01 New Member

I explored the various tools in this and it looks pretty useful. Not as nice as the FF web dev toolbar, but still pretty good. I only use IE to check layouts after getting them to look good in FF. There are usually a few problems that this toolbar will help solve.

6. JWJ

JWJ Moderator

I like it. I haven't used a developer tool bar before so I had no expectations when I downloaded it. Not only is it going to help me get the best from my own pages but it's going to help me understand what other people have done on their sites. In my situation I think it will be every bit as useful as a Learning Aid as it will a development tool.

I was particularly surprised to find that the validation options actually run the W3C's own validator. i have read much here that caused me to think Microsoft have not been as supportive of 'standards' as they could have been. Is this an attempt to show they're 'onboard' do you think?

7. lucky

lucky Guest

MS has the best browser and will continue to have the best browser with the release of IE7. A beta preview release of IE7 is now available. Refer to this post http://forum.statcounter.com/vb/showthread.php?t=20535.

IE7 is standards compliant. It has been reworked inside and out, and all the wanabe browsers will have a long way to go to match it, if that could be posible.

All site designers who have exploited css bugs to render their sites are going to be very sorry that they took that course now that IE has become standards compliant. But they were warned that this would happen. (It is never good programming practice to exploit bugs.) A number of site designers here will be going back to the drawing board, even Yahoo will have to do that.

MS has been listening all these years and has come out with another superior product. But you have not seen anything yet, just wait for the Vista and IE7 rollout! Spend some time on the MS site and educate your selves now to get a leg up on all of this, as every other professional webmaster is doing.

This is of course is all IMHO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.