Is a site down for everyone, or just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool Tool

Just a thought: If I really need this tool, do you think I should be thinking about a new host too? :lol:

I get it now. Sometimes you can't reach a certain site (not your own) and you want to see if it's only you who can't reach it, right? Sometimes that happens to me but usually when I am trying to reach a site that has a massive server overload because of too many visitors at once.

Last edited:
I get it now. Sometimes you can't reach a certain site (not your own) and you want to see if it's only you who can't reach it, right? Sometimes that happens to me but usually when I am trying to reach a site that has a massive server overload because of too many visitors at once.
I use FireFox and it's memory is just too good. Sometimes I visit a site and it is down, a week later I try to visit the site again and FF remembers it was down so doesn't bother trying to go to the site, it just shows me the error page from the cache.

I have to clear the cache each time a "is down" just to make sure it really is. I know others have posted "Is this site down, or is it my system" type messages, so thought this site may come in handy.

Hi,

It's a great idea, unfortunately it's not very reliable. It just told me our site was down when it's actually working fine, then a few minutes later, it tells me it's up and working. :(

Hi,

It's a great idea, unfortunately it's not very reliable. It just told me our site was down when it's actually working fine, then a few minutes later, it tells me it's up and working. :(
Perhaps it's just an indication of how good your host is.

I have sites where I know they take ages to load and often I have to click the refresh button to get them to load. FF often tells me a site is unavailable when IE shows it. That's how I found this site.

On the other hand, I've just tried it about ten times and each time it says your honey pot site is not found.

But, if I include the http bit it never finds your site, if I include www. it never find your site, if I add a backslash to the url it never finds your site.

If I just type honeypotgifts.co.uk it finds your site every time.

Perhaps the site just needs more instructions on how to use it.

Then again the site may just be cr*p, in which case I apologize for posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.