livejournal

Discussion in 'Help' started by facade, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. facade

facade New Member

I know this has been asked a couple of times but i still can't figure out how to make the statcounter on lj work. Can anyone who knows or has a statcounter in lj tell me where to exactly put the codes in?

2. webado

webado Moderator

First of all LiveJournal does not allow javascript to be used so all you can use is the html-only version of Statcounter.

If there is no way to customize the wrapper or template or footer section of your LiveJournal space, then you have to put the code inside a post, the way you would use to insert html code there (therefore not in a WYSIWYG editor). When the page where the post with the Statcounter code on it is loaded by a visitor, the Statcounter code logs that.

You will not see any url information (page visited, referrer) since only javascript can trap that, not the html-only version of the counter.

If you put the code in more than one post which are shown on the same page, you will get multiple hits, so it's not advisable.

3. mella

mella New Member

Heya. I have a Livejournal account, and what I've done is put the counter in my user info. While it doesn't track the "referring" page, it will still track IPs and length of time, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.