Logging my visits etc.etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a newbie to website and stats and am almost totally ignorant about how statcounter works, but find it very useful.
I am finding I cannot block my own visits, I click on the blocking cookie and it tells me my visits are blocked, but next time I log on it has reverted to not blocked.
Yesterday I did some alterations to my site locally on my PC, just playing with alternatives, I did not access the real site online, or visit it, but statcounter credited me with over 30 visits.

Please why should that happen ?
And how do I permanently block my visits ?

I am no good working on code or anything too technical.
Thanks for any help.
B.

Arne

I am a newbie to website and stats and am almost totally ignorant about how statcounter works, but find it very useful.
I am finding I cannot block my own visits, I click on the blocking cookie and it tells me my visits are blocked, but next time I log on it has reverted to not blocked.
Yesterday I did some alterations to my site locally on my PC, just playing with alternatives, I did not access the real site online, or visit it, but statcounter credited me with over 30 visits.

Please why should that happen ?
And how do I permanently block my visits ?

I am no good working on code or anything too technical.
Thanks for any help.
B.
If you do a search on this forum, you can find a lot of threads about this issue.
Try to search for e.g. "block my visits", and among many other threads you can find this thread

Your page loads are logged even if you edit the pages locally with a WYSIWYG editor (What You See Is What You Get) like Frontpage or any similar editor, if your computer is connected to the 'net when you do it.

Arne

Thanks I am amazed about that, being logged even when not actually visiting the site I mean.
But you are actually also "visiting" the site when open it locally in your browser, and a WYSIWYG editor show the pages as a browser do. If somebody who has visited your site and later looking at it locally (from the cache or a saved page) you will see page load urls that "points" to the visitors computer drive and folder where the page is saved.

That is why we ask the experts, it still beats me how that can happen.
I believe I have sorted my problem, lets hope I have.
I have been 'Creating blocking cookie', but now I have 'Edited settings' and included my IP address, it was as simple as that.

Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.