Need geo data for website responce

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by snowfun87, May 27, 2018.

1. snowfun87

snowfun87 New Member

I need help getting the web client geo location from the counter. My site
    Is responsive to this information. Any idea if I can get the geo data in the form of a Api Jason response or similar approach?

2. webado

webado Moderator

You can only download the raw log.
    Geo data and other information derived from the raw log is only available in the online reports.

You can procure and install your own geo-database and write programs to extract geo data for each IP in your log which you have downloaded. There are many providers of geo-databases. https://www.google.ca/search?q=ip2country+database

3. bobby131313

bobby131313 Moderator

I use MaxMind and am very happy with it.

4. webado

webado Moderator

I use the free version of IP2Location,. It only gives the country for a given IP in IPv4). I may have to find an IPv6 versions eventually.
    My use is limited to tracking visitors who use one of my contact forms.

5. bobby131313

bobby131313 Moderator

I use the hell out of it. I establish a country code with every session so if they visit a section with say eBay listing on it, I only show them only items available to their country.

I get an update every 3 months and put it in a table in my own database.

6. webado

webado Moderator

I have no need for this as I sell nothing, except hosting for those who somehow manage to stumble onto my site LOL But that's where it comes in handy, to avoid being scammed. I get the country and together with my script that tries to determine whether they use a proxy or not, I can make decisions. I don't allow anybody who uses a proxy to order from me, as simple as that.
    I use ip2country and update it every so often and keep it in my own mysql database.