Odd Visits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again, All.

I keep getting strange visits from San Jose, California. The ISP is something called Kavam. There are hours or days between visits, and it always looks like a different page is being accessed. Has anyone seen this same thing? What is Kavam?

Not much use, but yes I have had simliar. Comes from no referring link and goes to random page (just one page on each of the two visits). Appears to be very random.

kavam aka searchme.com

i've gotten similar hits from Kavam. Based on the research I did, they're a search engine startup. They've changed their corporate name to searchme and are at the website of the same address. They're in "stealth mode" so it's hard to get info.

The hits to our sites are probably part of their indexing process. Not unlike other search engines. Random as the hits may be, they aren't anything malicious or harmful based on what I could discover.

Yes I as that saw calls from Kavam, but they were always different and at various times, now such did not observe.. Probably it is the robot.

Kavam Zie Robot.

Hello again, All.

I keep getting strange visits from San Jose, California. The ISP is something called Kavam. There are hours or days between visits, and it always looks like a different page is being accessed. Has anyone seen this same thing? What is Kavam?
It indeed looks strange, but it is simply a robot (which is strange because robots do not normally load the Stat-Counter [javascript] code so they are not counted in the stats, but for some reason this one does).

You can exclude it by entering 208.111.154 in the IP exclusion box in the Stat-Counter Control Panel (click on Configure first)

Robots in general don't load javascript. But if they are image enabled they get logged through the noscript part of the SC code.

Until a few months ago those hits would not have registered with any url information at all. Now after the latest changes to SC, the url of the page visited will usually be known, unless the referrer is blocked by the user agent (because with an image, the referrer is the page where the image is found). Again most robots would not show a referrer either, but who knows, there might be exceptions. Just like there seems to be at least one robot out there which actually loads javascript.

Status
Not open for further replies.