Page views repeating too much

On one of my projects, just the one as far as I have noticed (out of four), the page views will be way off. It will say someone viewed a single page 20-30+ times in a matter of seconds. I know it is not a spambot, I know they didn't actually refresh the page like that, and it just started happening when I changed my tumblr theme, but nothing weird happens when I visit my page. I reset my pageviews and it didn't stop. I reinstalled the counter and it did not stop. I don't know what to do, and it is really irking me because I don't have an accurate depiction of who went where and how much on my blog.

Check the source code for your page to make sure you only have one instance of the tracking code and you don't do any meta refresh or javascript redirects.

This is happening to me as well. I use statcounter with tumblr. I have been using statcounter for years. for the last 6 months or so almost all of my page views are being recorded twice with the exact same time. occasionally one or two page views will not have a duplicate. I deleted and got new code for the tumblr. I checked for double statcounter code in my tumblr. this happens in the same way on different tumblr accounts. at one point i had a paid statcounter account. i am not sure what to do.