Position of Statcounter on Web page

I installed Statcounter in the code I wrote in Notepad++ for a web page. It works fine except for the positioning. I pasted the Statcounter code at the bottom of the Notepad++ code right before the </body> tag. But the Statcounter shows up in both Firefox and IE at the top left of the page right beneath the heading banner. Is this where it is supposed to go? Or can I position it more towards the bottom of the page in the center?

Thank you

Arne

Or can I position it more towards the bottom of the page in the center?
You can position the visible counter wherever you like it on the page, using CSS (styling) of the content.
I don't know if I can explain it correctly in English, but I try and others may fill in if they want. ;)

Since you say you have the counter code on the bottom of the page source, I guess you have some styling for the rest of the page content, leaving the counter code on the "wild" (of that styling). That makes the counter code going where it would go as if the page had no other content at all.

So the counter code part of the page source also need to be within some CSS styled "box" to keep it on the right place according to the rest of the content, that is in your case in the bottom of the page.

Last edited: