Problems loggin in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep on getting more and more problems trying to log in. A few weeks ago this started. Now I get days where it is impossible to log in.

The URL in the navigation bar changes after failed login to my6.statcounter.com/project then a few tries later it becomes m3.statcounter.com/////project and nothing works anymore...

Sometimes I give up and sometimes it works again... Any ideas? :confused:

Hi Jen

Thanks for your answer, I checked this thread but all those things don't help and are not a problem.

I have been using statcounter for a long time and never had this problem...

I also must mention that it only happens sometimes.

I also have this problem regardless of browser (IE, Firefox) or location (Office, HomePC)

Any other idea?

Whats with the redirect I mentioned in my thread?

Just to clarify as well I can access the website and SOMETIMES its not a problem...

What I have a problem with is LOGGIN IN...

It just redirects without error messages...

I have the exact same problem as absolute - I cannot log in to the project page which I normally see. My browser status bar tells me that it is waiting for my3.statcounter.com - is that a partition/disk/server ? Maybe it's broke?

I have the exact same problem as absolute - I cannot log in to the project page which I normally see. My browser status bar tells me that it is waiting for my3.statcounter.com - is that a partition/disk/server ? Maybe it's broke?
Scratch that it's doing something now - my it's awful slow though but I think it's coming up ..

Any ideas what the issue was/is?

Car Guy

Super Moderator
These log in issues can be a real pain to figure out.

Your PC, settings, anti-spy software, firewall, ISP, updates and internet in general all play a part in whether or not you connect to any site on the internet.

We try our best to offer helpful advise but we are not sitting at your keyboard. Nor do we know what software and settings you have. After all that, your ISP can be blocking your access.

I had an instance a few months ago where I was unable to log in to the forum. After I tried all the things that we tell everyone here, I was still unable to log in to the forum. After a week of on again off again, I called my ISP and asked them if they were blocking Statcounter. They of course said no, but the next day I was suddenly able to log in with no problems.

These log in issues are usually not a common problem. It seems a small handful of members have problems from time to time.

I'm sorry that we can't do more for you. Sometimes it just seems to work itself out.

Interesting because clicking the myprojects link on the statcounter.com homepage links to my3.statcounter.com and this evening I have not been able to access my projects from the statcounter homepage. I have to view my stats by entering individual server number. my8.statcounter com etc.

Of course it might not be my3 because my3 redirects to one of the other servers.There could be a slow server.

How is it that traceroute or ping work fine to statcounter ? I wouldn't be able to ping or traceroute to it if my ISP was blocking it. I've got a couple of machines as well and a half a dozen OSes surely one of them will work.

Are you car guy from p.ie?

Edit

No I'm sorry - I can't traceroute to my3.statcounter.com - I don't understand why it works a half hour ago and doesn't now - is it a busy server as the other poster said?

Last edited:
Hi!

I used to have notes on all of this stuff, but not on this pc. So please....don't shoot me if this doesn't work. :)

If you're using windows, open the command prompt and type "ipconfig/flushdns" into your command line. Re-boot and see if that helps any.

It seems like there was more to this, but I just can't remember it.

Hope it helps!

Love and peace,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.