Sad news about Gina's health ordeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry to have to report that Gina passed away shortly before 2:30cst. The infection in her liver spread to her blood system and she had sepsis. That proved to be more than she could fight off in her weakened condition. The end came painlessly. I was holding her hand when she took her last breath. She is no longer suffering. She had suffered enough for three people. She is finally at peace.

Many of you have followed our ordeal through my posts on the forum and through personal messages that we have exchanged. Over the last several months, I read many of those posts to Gina and also shared with her your messages. She treasured all of the kind thoughts, well wishes, and mentions of prayer you sent her way. The realization that people from around the globe were supporting her in her time of need brought much pleasure to her.

Your support has meant much to me, as well. The last year and a half has been a mind-numbing, emotional roller coaster ride. Friends and family were 800 miles away. Knowing I was not alone as long as you were all here meant a great deal to me. Thank you, one and all.

John

Oh no, John, I am so sorry, so desperately sorry.
She fought so long and hard and had you there the whole time fighting with her. I am so sorry.
At least she is at peace now and you can know in your heart you did everything possible and gave her so much strength and love.

My heart goes to you and her family now and please realise I am thinking of you now.

Mark

John, please accept my deepest sympathies.

Through your posts here, and both yours and Gina's posts in my forum, I feel I have been blessed to get to know Gina just a little bit. There is no doubt that you made a huge difference in her life and I am certain you made this terrible ordeal much more bearable than it otherwise might have been. She was a strong, courageous and determined woman and I know from your emails to me that she won the respect and admiration of all the doctors and nurses at the hospital.

Don't ever feel that you didn't do enough for her. I remind you of a line in one her forum posts .... "John is the most wonderful man in the whole wide world". That says it all.

You are in our thoughts.
John

Car Guy

Super Moderator
John, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

I, like most here, had hoped for a long awaited full recovery, but now to hear this. It's so sad for those who loved her like yourself, and the rest of the family. Be assured that you and your family are in my prayers and sincerely hope that Gina's memory keeps you all in strong spirits.

Richard

Last edited:
Oh, John, I am so sorry!

Your support and strength are what must have helped her until the end, it was just too hard to carry on.

May she rest in peace.

Gina has gone home

John,

I am so sorry. There is nothing one can say that can ease the pain of losing Gina but surely the joy her life gave to yours will sustain you.

PLease find comfort and solace in the knowledge that you are not alone and will never be.

China Tea

May peace be yours Jonra. My sympathies and prayers are for you to continue in life in peace. I sense your loss and sadness, I'm on the verge of tears. Yet I know mine will never equal yours. Hang in there.

John,

I am so sorry to hear the news. My hope is that through this loss there will be peace, and a hope that we will appreciate the life we have and those with whom we share it.

Howard

John,

.......... there just aren't words to convey my thoughts or sympathies.

Know that my heart, all of our hearts are saddened.

Gina was a gift.

We've all been enriched in no small measure by both of you.

My thoughts and sympathies are with you. As you so eloquantly put it "She is finally at peace" and if anyone deserves some peace it's Gina.

Like many people here I feel as if I've got to know the two of you through your posts and you both have a place in my heart - All the very best.

Well, John, this certainly wasn't the news that I wanted to hear. My deepest sympathies for your loss. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

John

Such Bad news after so much hope, there’s nothing we can say but to echo fellow members words.

You are in our thoughts and prayers

Richard and Tina

I grieve for you John and offer my deepest sympathies for your loss. I wish there was something to say and make everything great again but I know of no such words.......

John, I 'm really sorry for your loss.

I hope you can have some comfort in knowing she is at rest and that you supported her the best that you possibly could.

Status
Not open for further replies.