SEO questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been an active webmaster for years. When I was, this forum was one of the best resources I knew of for SEO questions (not spammy 'use this service' but actual, in depth, discussion).

Recently someone asked me about how to drive traffic to their website. I gave them what I remembered and was going to point them here, but when I double checked the URL I found very little activity. If anyone here has another resource, please share pointers...

Thanks.

I haven't been an active webmaster for years. When I was, this forum was one of the best resources I knew of for SEO questions (not spammy 'use this service' but actual, in depth, discussion).

Recently someone asked me about how to drive traffic to their website. I gave them what I remembered and was going to point them here, but when I double checked the URL I found very little activity. If anyone here has another resource, please share pointers...

Thanks.

If you want to increase traffic you can do these work -

1. Social media
2. Guest post submission
3. Keyword Rotation

These 3 points are working these days in getting rank and traffic.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Guest posts will only be OK provided all outgoing links are nofollowed. Otherwise this will be spam. At least Google and maybe other search engines as well will consider those unnatural links and eventually penalize the website.

If you want to increase traffic you can do these work -

1. Social media
2. Guest post submission
3. Keyword Rotation

These 3 points are working these days in getting rank and traffic.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks
  1. Social Media - I get integrating with social media, this is one of the things I already passed on
  2. Guest Post Submission - Certainly works for a blog, but not sure how it integrates with other formats
  3. Keyword Rotation - Please define this.

Thanks so much

I think I'm misunderstanding you. Do you really mean that a link to the website of someone who authored a post will be marked as 'unnatural'? That makes no sense to me.

Mobilegeddon Happening April 21st, 2015

Three main factors:
1. Content
2. Content
3. Content
For the last several years, Google has been using the "content" metric for search engine supremacy, however, with the onslaught of mobile devices and people using them more than computers to surf the net, they are now switching over to how "responsive" your web-site is to these devices. So if you've used good old-fashioned HTML to build your site, particularly if you used a lot of "tables", you are basically screwed come April 21st, because the metric for Google (and perhaps other search engines) will be how responsive the site is, and content will take a back seat probably (according to what I read on a Google post about this).

As a result, I've decided to pack in my web-site, rather than wrack my brain trying to make my site responsive. Also, because of the way StatCounter has been handling "hits" from mobile devices (yesterday my daughter viewed my web-site for three minutes on the SAME page and it gave me well over 800 "hits"), I've killed off my project for that web-site. It could be classified as taking my ball and going home, but I'm just totally fed up with being bullied by Google, and the fact that I totally hate mobile phones (for many reasons, this just being the icing on the cake).

1. Social Media - I get integrating with social media, this is one of the things I already passed on
  2. Guest Post Submission - Certainly works for a blog, but not sure how it integrates with other formats
  3. Keyword Rotation - Please define this.

Thanks so much
you can find relevant guest posting and submit there content with a link back of your site.

keyword rotation mean use different keywords. use some time keywords, some time website url, some other words like - here, go here, click here etc.

use them as anchor text, so it will give you benifit.

Status
Not open for further replies.