Service down again??

Status
Not open for further replies.
A link to the database server '' could not be established

It says I'm logged in but it seems I can't access the projects or stats
what is this lately??

guy

StatCounter DataCenter Team
I'm very sorry for the trouble. We have a disk problem on a different server (c7) and we are working to bring it up asap.

guy said:
I'm very sorry for the trouble. We have a disk problem on a different server (c7) and we are working to bring it up asap.
When there's a disk problem do stats continue to be counted? I've noticed this happening a lot as it slows down my site performance.

Thanks

guy

If EV1 will be able to boot the server, I assume not long untill it will be up. However, if there's a non recoverable problem, it will take a couple of hours.

guy

Ok, this just came in from EV1: "Your server is having hardware issues, but should be back online momentarily. We are sending this ticket to our hardware queue for repair."

A link to the database server '' could not be established.

Hi,

Great to know you guys are already on it, whats a few hours of missing stats really going to cause....... not a lot!!!

Great service and fabtastic product, keep up the excellent work !

Matt

Reliable

This is the second time in a very short time. Again about 2 hours
of stats were lost (a few days half a day). I suggest to look out
for another server or users will look for another reliable counter.
I wanted to upgrade (again) but now I'll wait a while to see if
I do that or something else...
Try at least to get a reliable server for the stats so they aren't lost
or a backup server.

Statcounter is one of the best featured counters (yes it is) but that's
nothing worth if the servers fail on a regular base.

For some it isn't important to lose stats from half a day, for me it is.

Last edited:

guy

I asked EV1 to replace the hard drive which is failing and they will do that within the next 1-2 hours. Once the server is up with the new hardware, it will take another hour to restore the data.

Hmmm, I'm seeing data logged to my counter on c7 - and it seems to be fine, with no particular gaps. Maybe it's already been fixed?

Oh, maybe, mine only ever gets a hit about every hour or couple of hours in any case, othe than when I'm testing it myself specifically. I was sleeping when it was noon for you :-D

Indeed, so it seems, or at least very, very slow.

Maybe that's what Guy meant - perhaps maintenance work is being done on that server right now.

guy

Yes, the server is now down again. EV1 are replacing the hard disk. Once they are done I will restore the system from the old disk, which will be connected to the server. Once I'm done with this, the service will resume untill EV1 will reboot the server to take out the old disk. When the server is up after that, service should return to normal.

moggiex said:
Great to know you guys are already on it, whats a few hours of missing stats really going to cause....... not a lot!!!

Great service and fabtastic product, keep up the excellent work !

The problem seems to have been going on all day... but I can't complain. I've been using statcounter for over a year and I gotta say you won't find any other service like it, especially for free. This is actually the first time I've had a problem with the service. Notice this is only my second post to the forums... never needed them before today!

And to all you whiners... if you can't deal with a little downtime, go use a different stat tracker... I bet in less than an hour you'll be begging to use statcounter again!

Ok, now you've got me confused, the message in my projects says data is still being collected while you guys talk about a few hours of statistics loss.
Is it lost or not?
I have 3 projects with the same message.

Yes and no. All hits are being logged, and the log continues to roll about as usual, as it's a fixed size. You will get to see only those in the log as of when reporting resumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.