statcounter appearing in progress bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I thought the service was "invisible" yet the connection to statcounter appears in my browser's progress bar (at the bottom of my browser window) with every page load. I would rather my visitors not see this. Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks.

lutetia said:
Hi,
I thought the service was "invisible" yet the connection to statcounter appears in my browser's progress bar (at the bottom of my browser window) with every page load. I would rather my visitors not see this. Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks.
Is it possible you are on a very slow connection? Or your web site is on a slow server? Because I've been trying really hard to catch a glimpse of a trace of this and it's been impossible, even when I'm straing right at that spot. If anything it's just a blurred flash.

Would you post the link to your web site here? Maybe there's something else on your page that slows things down.

Ok, I got the link from your profile. I see you're using Bravenet for hosting. Take a look at the source code for your page and you'll see how Bravenet has inserted some other script right in the middle of your Statcounter script. That could well be slowing things down especialy if you're on a slow connection to start with.

Maybe you could put your statcounter script elsewhere on your page within the body, especially since it's supposed to be invisible anyway.

Lutetia here.... (don't know whose profile you saw - I'm not using Bravenet).

However, I am connecting with a 56K dial-up modem, which probably explains why I can see StatCounter appearing in my progress bar.

Oh, sorry, I did indeed look at the wrong profile. It's true, from the profile in your post in this thread post I didn't get your web site. A bit later I couldn't find your post any more, so I looked in the members listings to find your name and get the latest post - then I thought I saw a web site next to the name - but I must have been looking at the wrong line, thus for the wrong person and the worst part is I didn't even notice. That's a bad gaffe on my part. :oops: My deepest apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.