StatCounter missing well over 200 hits, today!

Okay, I have mentioned this before, a couple years ago, and now I am back on it.

StatCounter shows NOTHING for my sites for today, and I know for a FACT, there has been well over 200 hits today, on just one of them.

I know this, as I am server administrator of my Web Host.

Also, my software tells me when people are browsing my sites.

Now, I have found, ad blockers for browsers, block StatCounter.
There needs to be a fix for this, or StatCounter is going to lose people.

Hi,

Please let me know the url to your site and I will check things out.

Regards,
Rory
StatCounter Team
Rory, this is all my sites/projects...
Also, I have been keeping tabs with other people, that I have helped get set up on StatCounter, and they are all saying the same thing.

If look at some of the ad blockers, you will see StatCounter in the blacklisted list.

I just looked in AdBlock Plus and found these in the filter, the list to block:

Code:
kino.to##img[src^="http://c.statcounter.com/"] + span
/statcounter.asp
/statcounter.js
/statcountex/count.asp?
||statcounter.com^$third-party
@@||statcounter.com/chart.php?$script
@@||statcounter.com/js/fusioncharts.js
@@||statcounter.com/msline.swf

Rory_A

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

StatCounter (and most other) trackers are commonly found on blocking list. Unfortunately there is little we can do about other peoples software. If you're logging a bunch of hits but we are not I suspect a portion of them are bots, as this has been my experience in situations like this. Bots can generate a lot of traffic to your site. We try to exclude them because they are not real visitors.

These are the other common causes of certain visitors not showing up in your stats.

- their network (e.g., office environment, school) is setup to block connections to StatCounter

- there is a network problem between their computer and our site that prevents them from connecting to us

Essentially if the visitors browser can't communicate back to our site for any reason it's not possible for us to record their visit. This is an unfortunate side effect of how the internet works - very sorry for this!

I hope this makes sense.

Regards,
Rory
StatCounter

Rory, 5 of the members that joined, and are active, good members, are not ever registered by StatCounter.

Why? They use ad blockers.

I'm not going to argue on this, but the explanation that "if they are missed by StatCounter, then they are bots" is not going to fly, with me.

I made my report, showed the proof that StatCounter is blocked by ad blockers, and that you all need to contact them, and see if can get removed from the list, which should be possible, saying you do not place ads onto the pages.

If you choose to just sit there, and do nothing, then I have no choice, but to look elsewhere. I have been a long standing user of statcounter, and have suppported it, via links on all my sites, a SMF mod dedicated to StatCounter, among things.

But, I can't see the use of using this, when even my own staff on my sites, do not show up, making it so I can't tell if they were on the sites, when not logged in, in an easier format, than looking through my cPanel logs.

So, I'll be starting to remove the codes from all my sites, and then will delete my projects and account. Sorry it has to come to this, but there's no reason to have code that slows page loading, if said code does not do the job it's there for.

EDIT:

I have deleted my projects, and closed my account. Please also delete my forum account.

Last edited:
Cut your nose to spite your face.

People use ad blockers. Get over it.

Many visitors don't want to be tracked and they do their utmost to prevent it.
All want to track everybody.

This is how things work. It's not just Statcounter, it's all third party trackers, including Google Analytics.

You can delete your own forum account.

1. No, I can not. I am unable to Edit Details, nor much of anything in my profile.
Otherwise, I'd not have asked to have it done.

Edit Options:
BurkeKnight, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Edit Your Details:
BurkeKnight, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Profile Privacy:

Log Out Home
So, you tell me, how can I delete my account, if I can't even ACCESS the basic account settings????
I have NEVER been on a forum, that restricted so much of basic profile, from the members.
As a man that runs well over 12 forums, as owner, Admin, and Global Moderator, I have to say, that is not a nice way to run a forum.

2. Cut my nose? I don't think so. Cut StatCounter from slowing my sites down, since it's not doing what it's supposed to do? Yes, I DO think so.

3. Yes, I know people use ad blockers. That is why I made this report. Other counter programs MANAGE to get taken off the list, so I figured, you'd want to try. But I guess I was wrong. You'd rather just sit there, with your thumb up your you know what, and think, "Oh well, people use ad blockers, nothing we can do." Which is another line of BS from you all.

That, my fine lazy friend, is why I am having nothing more to do, with StatCounter.