Statcounter vs. google analytics

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by srenop, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srenop

srenop New Member

Today Google Analytics got new face. I am not familiar with statcounter and would apreciate your feedback on features from statcounter vs. analytics

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  2. webado

webado Moderator

3. Gracia

Gracia New Member

Hello, I was very interested to read your post on Google Analytics vs Statcounter. I’ve been using Statcounter for quite some time, and for me one of the best features is the ability to see exactly where a visitor has gone in my site. I have now just been able to use Google analytics, and I can not find this feature anywhere. They list all pages visited, but they don’t seem to put it in an order that mirrors the visitors movements, but rather, they list the pages in alphabetical order, making it a little difficult to work out the visitors exact movements and why.

Is there a method of doing this in analytics that I have overlooked?

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2007
  4. adam123

adam123 New Member

agreed with you

yes this is a problem with the analytics, you can see the navigational analysis in the content optimization section, but it will not tell the result keyword wise. in other case this is a really good option to optimise here in statcounter.
    My question: i was optimisize my blog with statcounter before putting the code on , analytics were showing the visitor from that blog to my site, but after i put statcounter code on that blog it suddenly stop showing visitors info from that blog on google analytics

5. webado

webado Moderator

If it's the blog in your signature, it doesn't have Google Analytics code on it, it only has Statcounter code.

6. rossert

rossert Guest

Hi all
    state counter is a forum and Google is a search engine so in my View how we can compare these both.
    Thnx.

7. webado

webado Moderator

Wrong answer.

How and why did you join this forum? To drop a link in you signature?
    That's a no-no, as you're about to find out.

8. adam123

adam123 New Member

to chrisooc

i dont know whom you are talking with, but i think only my signature is on this page, you should know the meaning of signature, its your identity if you had problem in it tell statcounter to remove that option. its not neccesary that everyone doing anything only to violate that thing, so please think positive.

regarding to my question:
    analytics shows referral source either it has code on that page or not, every site clicks on your link can be shown on analytics, i have many other blogs from where i got regular visitors non are having that problems

9. webado

webado Moderator

Adam123, didn't you see whom I was quoting? It wasn't in reply to any of your posts.

Just like now, since I am quoting you,which means I am replying to you, the post you complained about was quoting somebody else.

10. udigis

udigis New Member

Analytics doesn't have many features that StatCounter has, it doesn't tell how a visitor is navigating into your web site, how many pages the visitor views, the details of each specific page, visitor's IP address, landing page, exit page, referral URL. It doesn't have the features of Recent Visitor Map, which is my favorite feature. It doesn't have the hour visit details and visiting pages that StatCounter has...

IMO, analytics is nowhere compared to StatCounter.

11. udigis

udigis New Member

The new interface looks ok, but with less functions, e.g., it doesn't tell the version of the browser and the platform, instead, it just shows "IE", "Windows", I consider it an inconvenient upgrade, and will stay put with the old interface until they dump it.

12. udigis

udigis New Member

rossert
    I don't think you actually use any of these two services. And your words simply prove it.

13. BigMumu

BigMumu New Member

He knows google & the forum named statcounter he was posting in, but obviously not the services & he was banned because of that lol!

If he actually had a signature breaking rules I would agree, if not, I don't think fair not allowing people to register & post here just bacause they don't Know & / or use SC ..

14. Pixel Punch

Pixel Punch New Member

This may be a silly question, but can using both at the same time affect the results of each other?

The reason I ask is because my Plesk stats say I have alot more visits than Statcounter or Google, and I am running them both at the same time.

15. Car Guy

Car Guy Super Moderator

You can use Statcounter along with another counter, you just need to place the code correctly.

16. StatCounterJen

StatCounterJen StatCounter Team

Hi there,

Your Plesk stats are SERVER LOG stats rather than ONLINE stats.

Server stats are always higher than online stats as the server records all kinds of bot and crawler activity.

In simple terms:

Plesk analyses all the traffic to your server.

StatCounter tracks all the visits to your site.

Your server gets A LOT MORE traffic than your site, because server traffic includes all the visits from robots, spambots, crawlers etc.

When a robot visits your site, this is recorded in your server logs. It's not a 'true' visit though since the page is not fully loaded, so it doesn't show up on StatCounter.

So server-side stats (e.g. Plesk) will always appear inflated compared to online stats - but generally it is the online stats, the 'true' visits that people are interested in. After all, it's these visits that might mean more sales, more sign ups etc.

17. Gordon

Gordon New Member

Bit of a dredge, sorry, but I saw a "tech.slashdot.org/story/10/01/02/1838251/Google-Chrome-Displaces-Safari-As-Third-In-Survey" article and it made me reminisce. Plus, this thread was on the top G search for my keywords.

If I made another website I'd put statcounter and google analytics on it to have an even cover. GA for intricate combinatory data syncable to campaigns and such like; Statcounter for KISS perfection. At the moment my sites mainly have statcounter. Should upgrade to both soon, but mainly visit statcounter for checking my stats, as it's my favourite so far, still. The main reason is the relatively quick response time I get with statcounter. Maybe GA has a speedy checker now I dunno, but it's why I moved to statcounter when I got the choice of both.

KISS vs Goooodle

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.