Stupid me,

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how many times I've done this, but now need to know if windows media player editor will let me fix it.

I shot the video sideways and need to turn it upright.

Can I do so? and how?

Oops! I think maybe some advanced programs that can do video editing like that, under special effects.

I'll ask my nephew who makes movies what he might know.

Or Mark might know too.

Last edited:

JWJ

As Christina says, in Windows Movie Maker there is a Rotate 90 and Rotate 270 tool. They should do it fine. It will leave you with black borders on each side and I'm not sure what you can do about that.

I got that far, then decided to scrap the video in favor of something else. Of course I can't get the fade in's and outs to work for me.

I will post in a bit, my humble attempts. I can't wait to share with you. Fix your speakers to a comfortable level, then get ready.

JWJ

I'm not a big lover of wind chimes because they usually just make a din and get on my nerves. Those Vesper chimes of yours are wonderful. I could sit on your porch and listen to those for hours, and hours, and hours, and hours. Beautiful.

If only I were better at editing and looping the audio. Also my digital camera only records so many seconds of video. The video was not the greatest regardless of being sideways. I did manage to get it turned around but still not good quality.

Glad you enjoyed it. :p

Sharron, here's what you can do.

Save the following as /temp-images/chimes-audioclip.wax
<ASX VERSION="3.0">

<Title>Vesper Chimes</Title>

<REPEAT COUNT="10">
<ENTRY>

<REF HREF="http://www.designbyatfb.com/temp-images/chimes-audioclip.wma" />

</REPEAT>
</ENTRY>

</ASX>

This repeats the audio file 10 times - but you can use any number.

Upload this (as a text file) and instead of using the .wma file on your page, use the .wax file.

It will then start to play more quicky as it will stream and no need for it to download fully.

Kewl. I didnt know Movie Maker could do that :)

What is a .wax file?

If you are putting audio on your website I just use an audio file like .wav
You can record sound files on sound Recorder in Start / All Programs / Accessories / Entertainment
Or if you want to get a bit more into it use the free WavePad www.nch.com.au

Nice tinkles :)

trackerm said:
Kewl. I didnt know Movie Maker could do that :)

What is a .wax file?

If you are putting audio on your website I just use an audio file like .wav
You can record sound files on sound Recorder in Start / All Programs / Accessories / Entertainment
Or if you want to get a bit more into it use the free WavePad www.nch.com.au

Nice tinkles :)
Jesus, Mark!

Wav is a huge file format, you don't ever use .wav on the web. Well, you could use some compressed .wav, but then it's like mp3.

.wax is the meta file for audio files playable through Windows Media Player.

The WMP native files are in format .wma - Windows Media Audio - what Sharron's file is - and the .wax is the meta file that allows streaming the .wma . Wma offers beter quality than mp3, at lower bitrates especially. Similarly wmv is the Windows video format, and wvx the meta file for video files.

The only other thing Sharron ought to do is now reduce the height of the player embedded in the object - since the dimensions used currently are for a video player, not an audio player.

Methinks you'd benefit from reading my tutorials on streaming and embedding media files ;) www.webado.net/tutorials-streaming-media.php .

Last edited:
You know I never thought to reduce the height! or fix the width. Glad you brought that up!
Fixed now, smoooooooooooooooooochtes

trackerm said:

I don't do tutorials on weekends.
I schedule my personal development on Wednesday evenings between 6.10 PM and 6.16 PM or when the sport starts on the TV News. I shall put your tutorial on the rota. Hmmmm It is now scheduled for Wednesday Febuaruy 26 2027

By then it's going to be about streaming in virtual reality.

Streaming will be achieved by pressing your thumbs on your ears, pinkies pointed straight up, rest of fingers curled, eyes closed and tongue sticking out, head shaking left to right (or right to left to rewind). Of course you still need to know how to create and manage the meta files, but it will be in metaphysical terms.

chrisooc said:
Streaming will be achieved by pressing your thumbs on your ears, pinkies pointed straight up, rest of fingers curled, eyes closed and tongue sticking out, head shaking left to right .

I must be advanced! I already do that. When Nicolle is comunicating with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.