Status
Not open for further replies.

StatCounterJen

StatCounter Team
The Wish List

• Event Tracking
  • Ability to label visitors according to cookies
  • StatCounter Software Package
  • Aggregate stats for all projects (or for specified projects)
  • Option to see keyword analysis (and other stats) for all projects on one page
  • Allow stats graphs to be embedded on the member site
  • "Live" stat showing visitors on site more here
  • Recognise more operating systems - esp MAC OS X
  • "Lock" counter image size to prevent any distortion while counter is loading more here
  • Improved explanations of what the various stats actually mean/imply more here
  • Track "paying" or "subscribed" visitors versus other visitors - perhaps by way of a cookie created upon the happening of a certain event - to allow you determine what percentage of pageviews are generated by paying members etc
  • Plug-in installation option for Joomla, phpBB 3
  • Search engine wars over time
  • Bigger log but less data option i.e. less detail in stats
  • Pageloads per page
  • Adsense Tracking
  • "Computer" cookie and not just a browser cookie
  • If full image search URL can't be stored, then capture the relevant keyword data only to allow the popular images on a site to be determined
  • Ability to add projects "in bulk" instead of one-by-one
  • Switch to UTF-8 encoding to display "foreign" and accented characters both on StatCounter and in the downloaded csv file
  • Allow the use of folders or filters to manage projects more here
  • Ebay tracking
  • RSS feed for stats. More here and here
  • Ability to reset ALL counters with one click.
  • Bounce Rate More Info

The "Done" List

• MySpace Tracking - see here for more info
  • Label IP addresses - more info here
  • Display Unique Visitors (not pageloads) on the My Projects page
  • Detect more screen resolutions - possibly all resolutions and not just "standard" ones
  • Increase number of characters stored for referring URL
  • Aggregate browser stats i.e. show % IE visitors NOT IE6 or IE7 (but keep this detail too)
  • Restrict public stats to summary stats only i.e. provide a link to allow summary stats (not all stats) to be publicly viewed
  • Ability to download part of your log file rather than the whole thing
  • Stats for downloads
  • Exit link tracking
  • Detect more search engines - more here
  • Date Range Selector based on info available in visitor log
  • Hourly stats

The "In Progress" List
  • Character display problem in log download and daily email report e.g. for Arabic characters

The "Not Possible" List
  • Selective deletion of logs - allowing selective deletion of log entries would allow the manipulation of log data and would compromise the integrity of the StatCounter tracking system. This "feature" will not be implemented. You *can* of course reset your log back to zero, but selective deletion will not be made available.

Last edited by a moderator:

StatCounterJen

StatCounter Team
Folks,

I'm going to use this thread to compile a Wish List for all the features we would all like added to StatCounter! Please see here for a bit more info on me. The Wish List will be compiled from various threads already here in the Feature Request forum, plus any cool new ideas you guys come up with!

I'm not allowing responses to this thread because that might get a bit messy...instead I'm going to use this as a kind of a blog to keep you all up-to-date. If you have a new feature request, please create a new thread!

The Wish List is a work in progress, so don't worry! I will be adding lots more ideas to it over time.

As far as MySpace tracking is concerned - we USED TO track MySpace sites and we would be very happy to track them again. Unfortunately, MySpace blocked all their users from using StatCounter. If anyone knows anyone connected with MySpace, please let me know (send me a PM!) so that I can lobby them on behalf of all the StatCounter members, who want their MySpaces tracked!

Last edited:

StatCounterJen

StatCounter Team
Folks,

I'm sorry about the big delay with my updating the wishlist...:oops:

I won't bore you all with the details but there are a few reasons for my tardiness... I hope to put that right now ;)

Thanks for your patience.

Last edited:

StatCounterJen

StatCounter Team
Hi all,

I had to delete some discussion on this thread I'm afraid.

The thread should have been locked - my mistake. It's designed for me to post updates, not for discussion as this just causes confusion and can wander off-topic.

You are more than welcome to create other threads to discuss - this thread is for my updates and announcements only.

Thanks!

StatCounterJen

StatCounter Team
You can NOW change your "My Projects" page to display unique visitors INSTEAD OF page views!

To do this:
• Click the 'My Profile' link in the top navigation
• Click the 'Edit Profile' button
• For 'My Projects Display Metric' choose 'unique visitors'
• Enter your password to confirm
• Click 'Update My Profile'

Thanks to everyone who suggested this feature and thanks to Tamas for developing it!

StatCounterJen

StatCounter Team
My goodness... I can't believe it's been so long since I updated this thread. I just don't know where the time goes!

Given the long hiatus, I have several updates to post - some of these are only available in the new StatCounter design which is undergoing beta testing at present.

Learn more about the new design here and here or click here to access the new site now!

StatCounterJen

StatCounter Team
Detect more screen resolutions - possibly all resolutions and not just "standard" ones

This is done in the beta system.

We are now tracking all these resolutions:

1024x768
1280x800
1280x1024
1440x900
1366x768
1680x1050
1152x864
800x600
1280x768
1920x1080
1600x900
1280x720
1360x768
1024x600
1920x1200
1280x960
1024x640
1400x1050
1600x1200
1152x720

StatCounterJen

StatCounter Team
Aggregate browser stats i.e. show % IE visitors NOT IE6 or IE7 (but keep this detail too)

This is done in the beta.

View the families of Browsers being used by the visitors to your site.

Click on a Browser family to see a breakdown of the different browser versions. E.g. Firefox breaks down to versions 4.0, 3.6, 3.5 etc

StatCounterJen

StatCounter Team
Restrict public stats to summary stats only i.e. provide a link to allow summary stats (not all stats) to be publicly viewed

Done.

Go to the My Projects page; click the "wrench" or "spanner" icon beside your project name; click "Control User Access and Public Stats"; choose the relevant option:

1. Public Stats are Disabled
  2. Only Summary Stats Are Public - accessible via http://statcounter.com/xyz
  3. All Stats Are Public - accessible via http://statcounter.com/xyz

StatCounterJen

StatCounter Team
Ability to download part of your log file rather than the whole thing

This is done in the beta system.

You can now define the date range for the download. Click "narrow range" and select the relevant dates then click the Download Log link.

Status
Not open for further replies.