tumblr and 0 second visit message?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, have just started using statcounter just for interest to see who is viewing a blog I run on tumblr and where they are, etc! However, I am getting a little confused.

I pasted the code in to my html description box as the download guide told me to, and I have been getting regular reports perfectly fine etc, and am able to see WHERE my visits are coming from, which has been fantastic! However one thing confusing me quite a lot is a) how quite often I will get a '0 second' visit length, and b) I'll get a no referring link message for the referring url. What does this mean, exactly? How is this person finding my blog? Most of the time I can see where they have come from ie usually either other blogs, google searches or tags on tumblr, but I don't know what the no referring URL means - does it mean they have just typed my direct url in to their browser?

Many thanks if anybody is able to help me out!

Hi, thanks for the links, they were very helpful. So just to confirm... one person could have been on the link that the code is on for say, 20 minutes, but unless they click to the next page (the code is only on the homepage of the blog ie the first page) it will be shown as 0 seconds?

Apologies, I am quite new to this!

Arne

Hi, thanks for the links, they were very helpful. So just to confirm... one person could have been on the link that the code is on for say, 20 minutes, but unless they click to the next page (the code is only on the homepage of the blog ie the first page) it will be shown as 0 seconds?
That's right, at least 2 page loads with statcounter code must be visited to determine a visit length. That's 2 pages or if a single page is reloaded by the visitor.

Apologies, I am quite new to this!
No worry, we have all been new to everything at one time. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.