Tweeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning to think that Twitter is on its way out. Recently it has been down a lot. 503 error, DDoS attack and slow in general. Twitter best do something or it will be gone. It's frustrating trying to post and getting errors and plain dead domain. :(

Maybe so . .. Frank V

I'm beginning to think that Twitter is on its way out. Recently it has been down a lot. 503 error, DDoS attack and slow in general. Twitter best do something or it will be gone. It's frustrating trying to post and getting errors and plain dead domain. :(
See -- it is down again . . .
HTTP Server Error 503
No available server to handle this request :confused:

"typical of a huMAN " - can't make up HIS mind!!:mrgreen:
I always wondered about the origin of that word human. Maybe - Hue Man - covers all colors of man.

or even origin of WoMan ...maybe - Womb Man?

we are very similar. and can you tell me why men have nipples?:confused:

About tweeting :: I find twitter to be more about what is called Attraction Marketing. It's like as a twitterer, its your own reality show. I find the more stupid I get entertaining people, the more followers I get.

Its a way to develop a relationship on the web. I don't know how good it works for trying to sell product but its working to get followers.

Last edited:
Ha - ha - ha

Well said . . . Womb Man!!!

For obvious reasons, I am not as entertaining as you Danny . . . My, you have hordes (defined by the Dictionary (not me ;-) as any nomadic group, to be more specific, a tribe or troop of Asian nomads.

You are doing great . . . as an entertainer.:mrgreen:

I always wondered about the origin of that word human. Maybe - Hue Man - covers all colors of man.

or even origin of WoMan ...maybe - Womb Man?

we are very similar. and can you tell me why men have nipples?:confused:
Are you sure you want to know?

I am told that it is because all embryos are female to begin with and slowly change before birth if they are destined to be male. The change happens late in development after the nipples form. YMMV and all that. :mrgreen:

About tweeting :: I find twitter to be more about what is called Attraction Marketing. It's like as a twitterer, its your own reality show. I find the more stupid I get entertaining people, the more followers I get.

Its a way to develop a relationship on the web. I don't know how good it works for trying to sell product but its working to get followers.
I did see a jump in page views, but that seems to have died down. Not sure if it is because U haven't been posting as many links or other factors.

Not sure how often my sites are tweeted or re-tweeted. How can one tell?

It is interesting how the follower bots that are used by some operate. They catch the strangest things. :lol:

Hi Frank

Not sure how often my sites are tweeted or re-tweeted. How can one tell?
First thing I do when I log on is check my @replies in sidebar - this will show RT and @responses from everyone, even those you don't follow, and so don't see their timeline. You can respond from the @reply page.

As for twitter being down again - I got on the site okay and was able to post this morning but late this afternoon, it won't let me post @replies - only straight tweets.

DSL Guy - Hiya!

About tweeting : I find the more stupid I get entertaining people, the more followers I get.

Well, gain some, lose some :) I did unfollow you today as no idea what you were on about :) and taking up a page of twitter. You know your target market so your approach will be different than mine. What you want from Twitter, too, will be different from what I want.

I am not selling a product, I am looking for a network of contacts around the world. And this is what I have, now, after a few months on Twitter - and will keep working to build more.

I have attracted 3 new advertisers via this network and am very pleased about that. Yay, Me!!!

Hope everyone has a great and not soggy weekend. Best weather of the summer and I am stuck in the house with a sore leg :-(

Pity, Party of One! :)

Oh - My table's ready - later!

Karen

Karen . . .

But you lead such an interesting life of travels and journals . . . I saw pictures and captions of your travels . . . and my, you are in such a rare position in life!

Go travel but keep us informed of the graces that you see first hand!

You are a muse!

Howdy!

Hi Frank
First thing I do when I log on is check my @replies in sidebar - this will show RT and @responses from everyone, even those you don't follow, and so don't see their timeline. You can respond from the @reply page.
I figured out the @replies thing by accident. I decided to do a search for a user named replies just because I was curious. When I fund the results and clicked on the name, I got my replies (who mentioned you) list. I wonder what else I don't know about Twitter? :confused:

I don't get re-tweeted or anything much, apparently. Not complaining, really. I had little in expectations going into Twitter. It is an interesting way of keeping in touch, building a following and advertising.

True FrankV

FrankB wrote:
I don't get re-tweeted or anything much, apparently. Not complaining, really. I had little in expectations going into Twitter. It is an interesting way of keeping in touch, building a following and advertising.
Same here. I just do it for SEO. Plus it's really a blast meeting familiar characters(like you) there!:mrgreen:

Last edited:
on the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien

Shaquille O'neil (is he really Irish?) has a Twitter account, he says he made it because someone else was masquerading as him. So he made his to negate the fraud.

Shaq has around 2 million followers. He says all he tweets is jokes. He likes to make people laugh. His specialty jokes are "yo mama" jokes.

One example: "Yo mama is so fat, she goes to the movies and sits next to everybody." and,

"Yo mama is so nasty, she holds ice between her legs to keep the crabs cold."

You had to be there to get his timing and delivery. It was funny when he said it. :roll:

China Tea,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I recently moved to a new host and new CMSMS version and some images got left in cyberspace , so now I have to go bring them 'home'. That's my task for the week(s).

Frank,

About RTs - give them something to RT :) endless links to your site may not have a broad appeal - but a link to a good video or a breaking news item, etc will more likely get RT'd and attract more followers from the new Tweet pool.

Sunday, I posted a link to a Toronto paper article about a new book, fave author in town who I know is popular in the UK and THAT got RT'd by people I never heard of :)

Links get RT'd so keep your eyes open for interesting things to link to - a twitpic, a CNN report, hurricane news (will Claudette hit you?), pics of camera hogging squirrels :)

Or even your own original items - like a Texas Tip of the Day : How to eat BBQ, how to trap rattlers :)

anyhow - I must get stuck into tweaking my images - have a great day, y'all!

I did try posting some other links. Still didn't get much in the way of RT from them. Guess what interests me doesn't interest others much. I'm kinda boring that way. :mrgreen:

just over 4 weeks and the follow tally is at 400. thats an avg of 10+ per day without using any kind of automated tweeting software or joining any newfangled twitter companion sites. if this avg keeps up I may be able to write my own twitter ebook on How to get a gazillion followers instantly ;-)

well, here are my suggestions which are questions: do you click all those links tweeters paste for you to look at?
do you like reading about all the business opportunities?

warning: be careful what you tweet about a person or about corporations since attorneys are frothing at the mouth to test lawsuits over tweets. you can make mystical tweets meaning they can have a variety of applications, kind of like how Nostradamus wrote, or John the Revelator wrote. Good Luck!

Last edited:
DSL Guy wrote:

No - Should I? Will that lead to more followers?

FrankV wrote:

Some do answer - like thanks for the follow or something or TRY my products or something:mrgreen:
I'm trying to say if you don't click them, why would you expect they click yours? (in general not aimed at you specifically China Tea)

and, if reading business opportunities bores you, you can bet they bore others. I don't assert this works universally.

My preference is to know its not an automated software program tweeting at me. ;-) in different words - I like it when I'm communicated with actual people. I think many others do also. Some of the tweets I see never seem to vary much for a lot of users.

Hi all!

Sure I click on Tweets with links to interesting stuff - that's how I found the whale watching video from Newfoundland yesterday, and the Toronto tornado storm pics - not earth-shattering, can't live without stuff, but I am the richer for it. :)

Oh - I also learned what bannofee pie is - sounds ooey gooey good!

Not enough time in the day to click on all of the links or even read all the tweets. And BTW, tweeters should say what the link is to, and it had better be as they said or Unfollow / block so fast!

But, again, I picked up new advertisers and made some more good contacts, so I am still enjoying Twitter a lot.

Not a fan of those who use Auto DMs for new follows, or to thank you for RTs. Thank me yourself if you must, but automated is so not cool.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Everyone sees Twitter differently. I also pick the links that are interesting to me. Sometimes I will look at other profiles that have been posted by those few that I follow.

I guess the main thing to me is the tweets that are so totally off topic to the link ... like "see the photos of birds", but the link is to some get rich quick site.

Bots are ok if used intelligently. One I noticed picks up on Egypt posts and retweets them. Kinda interesting to go there and find all the tweets on that subject in one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.