Two date-related requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I want to say how pleased I am to finally find a tracking service that allows me to use completely valid code that is XHTML 1.0 strict compliant! (Some services out there don't even know what I'm talking about when I ask for permission to change their code to make it valid...)

Two small requests though (not to do with code but poresentation of results):
  1. For some reason the time zone seems to tied to my (present) location; I would like to be able to change this and simply set it to UTC: that would make it much easier to interpret results when I'm travelling!
  2. Also there is a choice only of two date formats - neither of which make sense to me; I cannot reall "parse" 21st October 2004. I'd like to be able to specify a format (just as we can on the forum here!) so I can set it to a decent ISO format. It's 2004-10-21 now - and that's what I'd like to see. (I never use anything but ISO dates on my websites, and elsewhere - in fact I've been using that format since long before the web existed...)

Thanks for listening!

Have you tried to set the time zone to GMT both for your profile and for the project code? Mind you, this will only affect logged entries after you change this setting so take it with a grain of salt. There will be a period of time when you'll have both old ones and new ones together, until your entire log has rolled around. If resetting stats is a viable option for you, you should do that if your'e going to change the time zone spec.

I suppose the date format could be changed (and I agree with that), but it's entirely up to the Statcounter team. This would be more useful in downloadable stats rather than online reported ones though.

chrisooc said:
Have you tried to set the time zone to GMT both for your profile and for the project code?
In the Profile it's set to Europe/Amsterdam (which is where I live, obviously); in the project code this (I think it's this) results in a dropdown with exactly one choice: GTM+2.
I'd like to be able to keep Europe/Amsterdam (the truth) and have the dropdown actually providing me with a choice - including UTC which I'd then use.

chrisooc said:
I suppose the date format could be changed (and I agree with that), but it's entirely up to the Statcounter team. This would be more useful in downloadable stats rather than online reported ones though.
Actually, it would be most valuable for the online stats - I've provided a link so my visitors can view the stats; although the site isn't very busy yet they do come from all over the world so using an international standard (ISO) for dates makes sense - and it fits in with the date/time format I'm using on the site, too.

Hmmm. I have my profile set to Canada/Eastern which right now is GMT-4. One of my projects is set to GMT-5 and I can select any other time zone I want. Again, I wonder if it's a bug on your particular server that hosts your project.

I understand about your wish to have a more universally valid date format. I wonder if by any chance this could be forced to tie with the Windows date format in use?

Status
Not open for further replies.