websites with expired certificates

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok guys is it only me that is experiencing websites that have their certificates expired. almost every site that i am goiing to has an expired licence.

some sites include:
facebook.com
google mail (because of tihs i cant log into my gtalk)
alibris.com
siteground.com

and many more that i dont remember.

is this just coincidence that so many sites have their certificates expired and nobody has done anything about it to renew them ?

I know what you mean. At my work I run into these warnigns a lot because the security settings are higher in the browser there and I cannot change them.

At home I've resorted to not bother with warnings like that, so I've unchecked the option to warn. It's annoying.

Hi,

If this has just started to happen, try checking your system date and time if you haven't already, that's the most common cause of the problem which I've come across. Also, is the CMOS battery on the motherboard still good.

IE apparently has a problem that it doesn't re-check the system date once it's opened a browser window, it just assumes it to be correct for every subsequent window opened until either all windows have been closed or the PC is rebooted.

My office PC is brand new, so there shoudln't be a battery problem. I have no control over any of it anyway.

But the security is very tight, and I cannot fiddle with it.

Howdy Mustafa :-D

Are you getting a warning message like the following ?
If so, it's most likely a security setting issue. I get these quite often from sites I know are OK.

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.
The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.
Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).

Last edited:
guys i think the problem is fixed. my pc was actually 3 years in the past. it had went to get fixed and i think the guy fiddled with teh battery spoiling the clock, so far i havent recieved any warnings.

ya brisguy thats the errors that i was getting on teh websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.