Ya know I get ****** every time I vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why you may ask, well for many reasons. The lines are too long, our polling place had 6 yes 6 voting booths. wow, write this sign that, show this, do that!

I can't understand why I can't have a ballot with both or all parties running on it. Yes I know it's a primary and I don't care.

What really bugs me is the fact that I can go in there to vote and expect that my ballot is private. However, they stamped my voters registration card with a party, they also stamped next to my name on the paper work! What the heck, I didn't want my card stamped nor did I want my name to be stamped. Where is my privacy?

Apparently I was in the minority, how could I tell you ask? Well cause I could see what everyone before me had been stamped! (party I mean!)

Last edited:
The last time I voted in England when I picked up my ballot paper I noticed it had a number on it which corresponded to the number opposite my name in the voters register. So much for secret ballots! If I had torn off the number it would have been considered as a spoilt paper and not counted.

I don't vote party, I vote for whom I want to and unless I tell folk who I voted for then it's none of their business.

Those in front of us in the line and several before them went one party, then boom my husband and I go the opposite party. Bet those around us who noticed thought hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, those are a couple of those kind! lol

Looks like John McCain will have the republican nomination, Hillary as won a couple of state already for the democrats, but Texas is still out as of this writing.

Oh and let me say this, this is the first time I've ever voted in this small community that there was a line of people waiting.
We vote in a volunteer fire department station. It was cold outside so they opened one of the big doors and let folk wait inside.

There were so many and time was running out, that they were going around telling folk that they were going to have to shut the doors at 7:00. Anyone inside after the doors were shut could still vote, but anyone who came after 7:00 and were outside could not.

Last edited:
We vote in a volunteer fire department station. It was cold outside so they opened one of the big doors and let folk wait inside.
Cool...

Cold is so gosh darn relative, but matters to the one who is cold.

Was it about 50? Come up here and do that with no big doors when it's 50 below zero!

Just heard Hillary say She is going all the way. I don't want to look.

Why you may ask, well for many reasons. The lines are too long, our polling place had 6 yes 6 voting booths. wow, write this sign that, show this, do that!

I can't understand why I can't have a ballot with both or all parties running on it. Yes I know it's a primary and I don't care.

What really bugs me is the fact that I can go in there to vote and expect that my ballot is private. However, they stamped my voters registration card with a party, they also stamped next to my name on the paper work! What the heck, I didn't want my card stamped nor did I want my name to be stamped. Where is my privacy?

Apparently I was in the minority, how could I tell you ask? Well cause I could see what everyone before me had been stamped! (party I mean!)
These aren't elections, they are primaries. You are voting for a party's nominees. You also don't have a right to vote in both primaries. You are either a Republican or a Democrat or an independent or some minor party, like the Green pary. Some states only allow registered party members to vote in primaries, so you are shut out of the process if you are an independent. Others are open primaries that allow you to choose which one you vote in. These aren't general elections. You are only voting for who you want to be on the ballot for the general election.

Oh, and btw, you don't have any real right to privacy in a primary. Some states use a caucus where you have to stand up and show who you are backing.

I give up on the theory of "right to privacy" a long time ago. When it really counts, it's not reality. And I think you've proved it in your voting experience.

Why couldn't they hold their voting in a school auditorium or something? The bone heads. Probably because of that psychological thing that says you'll value your vote more if you have to pay for it in one way or another (in this case, standing out in the cold a while). According to the idea, if your were met by someone who was warm, in a really nice environment. Maybe even meeting you at the door with a cup of coffee, you may not go vote the next time because you psychologically won't feel it is worth it. Can you tell I'm taking a psyc class? :lol:

Enjoy your voting process.

I know it was a primary, I said that didn't I. I understand that process sort of, but the presidential nominees were not the only people's names on the ballot. There are other things related to local and or state elections.

Say I wanted to vote in the primary for a republican but wanted to vote for the local democratic sheriff. I can't, as the ballot I've been given only has the names of the republican running for sheriff.

or so it seems to me!

I know it was a primary, I said that didn't I. ...
Yes you did. :) However, you still seem to be confusing it with an election. It's not an election, it's a primary. By rights, they should hold the primaries in separate locations. One location for the Republican primary and another for the Democratic primary. They should also limit them to registered party members, however many states allow independents to vote in the primaries. This is partly where the confusion comes in. Some states even allow a voter to be a registered Independent. This makes absolutely no sense to me. An independent is someone without a party affiliation. How does that equate to being registered?

When you vote in a primary you declare yourself to be a member of that party. The ballot you receive has that party's nominees for various offices. It would make absolutely no sense to have the ballots list the names of nominees from the other party.

Sometimes there are ballot proposals and special elections at the time of the primary voting. These can be listed on the same ballot or on a separate ballot. I have no idea how Texas would handle something like that.

Don't sweat it. McCain has already been chosen as the next President. ;) Hope I am wrong and nobody is elected. Can find any of them that are still running that I would want. :(

Don't sweat it. McCain has already been chosen as the next President. ;) Hope I am wrong and nobody is elected. Can find any of them that are still running that I would want. :(
Well then, just vote for me. I can keep you just as confused at 1/3 the cost.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.