PDA

View Full Version : you guys are something else...

jonra01
03-01-2007, 04:25 AM
I printed out the cover and inside to take up to the hospital. I'll know she's really getting better when she asks me to bring the laptop to the hospital. :)

Let's share with everyone - http://www.de.alitio.us/thinkingofyou/index.html

webado
03-01-2007, 04:36 AM
I printed out the cover and inside to take up to the hospital. I'll know she's really getting better when she asks me to bring the laptop to the hospital. :)

Let's share with everyone - http://www.de.alitio.us/thinkingofyou/index.html

Haha! yes, the laptop is the big hint of improvement.

trackerm
03-01-2007, 04:45 AM
I'll know she's really getting better when she asks me to bring the laptop to the hospital. :)

So thats where she has the whiskey stashed!

howard
03-01-2007, 05:22 AM
My thanks to Sharron for adding mine with photo. As of the time of sending it off, Mark and Nicolle already had theirs, there were only a couple of other signatures, but I thought everyone else was going to include a photo. Now I feel special!

Sharron
03-01-2007, 12:39 PM
My thanks to Sharron for adding mine with photo. As of the time of sending it off, Mark and Nicolle already had theirs, there were only a couple of other signatures, but I thought everyone else was going to include a photo. Now I feel special!

Well, Howard you are!

Brisguy52, the "tuff" guy, thank you for being so thoughtful...............for without you, the world would one less greeting card shy.

Jonra, :)

NeilB
03-01-2007, 01:47 PM
I just hope that Reginas good progress continues and she makes a full and speedy recovery.

Cheers
Neil

StevenofNine
03-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Get well sooooooooon!!!!!!!!!!

westmoors
03-01-2007, 07:17 PM
...but I thought everyone else was going to include a photo. Now I feel special!

I was only asked to supply a signature, so that is all I did. Then I see others adding messages and photos. Ahh but what does it really matter? As long as Regina continues to improve, and both she and John know we are all thinking of them and wishing them well. :)

trackerm
03-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Oh. Oooooooh. Oh, OK. I just re-read Sharrons instructions. *Blush* :roll: She said make your signiture into an image. I just read every third word and read: Jonra Regina card send image.

Now you know why my replies to posts are sometimes a tad off with the pixies. :mrgreen:

Anyway, thanks to Chris, Ken and Sharron for organising it! :)

Sharron
03-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Oh. Oooooooh. Oh, OK. I just re-read Sharrons instructions. *Blush* :roll: She said make your signiture into an image. I just read every third word and read: Jonra Regina card send image.

:mrgreen:

edited by Sharron as she had quoted the wrong darn post from Mark!

lol, I am so snickering......................:)

Brisguy52
03-01-2007, 08:57 PM
I was only asked to supply a signature, so that is all I did. Then I see others adding messages and photos. Ahh but what does it really matter? As long as Regina continues to improve, and both she and John know we are all thinking of them and wishing them well. :)

Sorry about that Kelly ( and anyone else who feels a bit left out ).
The whole thing was contrived and implemented in hurry with all the "efficiency" of a government department :roll:
Seriously, all the sig's, pics & messages have equal importance and ( of course ) convey the same sentiment.

jonra01
03-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Please don't anyone feel left out or silghted if you didn't have a chance to get your name on the ecard. I, and Regina when she has a chance to see it, are just thankful for the sentiments behind it. We both realize how difficult it can be to coordinate something like this across 24 timelines. :) I'm certainly not looking at the card and thinking, "so-and-so didn't sign the card :(". I knew there was a chance some people might feel leftout if I posted the link here. However, I really did want to acknowledge the effort and thought that went into creating this ecard.

Thank you to everyone,

Sharron
03-01-2007, 09:11 PM
...........also it is never too late............. I can add more!!!!!! more!!!!!!!!!!

Notice inside lower right side........it states check back for more sigs! I've even got room and plans for an alternative way to place more is need be!

So if ya wanna sign, send to me!

howard
03-01-2007, 09:17 PM
This is not going to turn out to be one of those "send your business card to..." type of things, is it?

Sharron
03-01-2007, 09:23 PM
This is not going to turn out to be one of those "send your business card to..." type of things, is it?

Howard, I don't know what you mean.........and of course I don't have room for a kazillion sigs.

NeilB
03-01-2007, 09:26 PM
You could do a 'million dollar homepage' on it so that you get one sig per pixel!!!:lol:

Cheers
Neil

jonra01
03-01-2007, 09:55 PM
You could do a 'million dollar homepage' on it so that you get one sig per pixel!!!:lol:

Cheers
Neil
Let's not get carried away. :lol: She should be home from the hospital sometime next week.

Sharron
03-01-2007, 10:03 PM
YipPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPpppppppPPPPPPPPPPPPPppppppppp ppppPPPPPPPPPpppppppppp

China Tea
03-01-2007, 10:32 PM
The master planners of this beautiful gesture . . .

Brisguy and Sharron . . . you always plant the seeds of good thoughts in this forum . . . Thank you. You are just wonderful people!

And you too . . .

And me too . . .

webado
03-02-2007, 01:19 AM

Now you know why my replies to posts are sometimes a tad off with the pixies. :mrgreen:

Anyway, thanks to Chris, Ken and Sharron for organising it! :)

I had nutting to do with this - only went along with a great idea :)

jonra01
03-02-2007, 04:15 AM
YipPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPpppppppPPPPPPPPPPPPPppppppppp ppppPPPPPPPPPpppppppppp
It's not a sure thing. One of the doctors said it was a possibility. We still have a long way to go. She had sporadic spasms of pain and some nausea all day. She could only manage a tiny bit of food. Besides that, they still have her on oxygen. Just a nose feed set fairly low, but still...

There's also good news. The surgeon took out the staples today. The incision looks like it is healing well. She went for a walk down the corridor for the second day in a row. She had the aid of a wheeled walker and a nurse - someone has to push the two poles of IV pumps. She also sat up in a chair and on the bed for at least a couple of hours. Her mind is clear enough to do sudoku puzzles. She has some books and magazines, a box of colored pencils, and a sketch pad to help pass the time.

She loved the card. She couldn't get over how thoughtful you all have been. A few days ago, I printed out some of the posts for her to read. It was really great to see her reaction when I showed her well wishes from all around the world. She was quite touched.

In my first post, I said I came back because I wanted to let you know why I dropped out of sight. That was only part of it. I really came back because I missed all of you. I was just getting used to not being alone when I found myself all alone. Strange town, new job, no family, no friends, Regina in the hospital. And all that time, all of you were right here. I'm really glad to be back, even if I won't be able to post much for now.

JWJ
03-02-2007, 07:57 AM
For those of us who have often wondered where you are ... who have dropped into your forum for any signs of activity ... who have browsed through your site for signs of updates ... who have considered calling you to check all is well ... for those of us who noticed you weren't here, you've never been alone. Just away for a while. ;)

NeilB
03-02-2007, 09:01 AM
John

I am glad to hear that your other half will be out of hospital soon.
New town, new job, better half seriously ill - all the way through my life I have had people telling me that I am 'built like a brick $**thouse' but I wouldn't have the kind of strength that you have needed.....

Good luck to you both

Cheers
Neil

Sharron
03-05-2007, 09:21 PM
**new sig on card ALERT**

Brisguy52
03-06-2007, 01:53 AM
**new sig on card ALERT**

http://www.de.alitio.us/thinkingofyou/index.html

I don't think posting a link to the card would be classed as spamming :razz:

webado
03-06-2007, 04:44 AM
Hey you moved the signatures around LOL

westmoors
03-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Moved them around, and now mines vanished :(

Sharron
03-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Moved them around, and now mines vanished :(

oh Kelly I'm sorry, what have I done? Panic mode. I will go see about it immediately.

I have to move them around to make room and in process messed it up.

anyone else?

howard
03-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Eliminating photos would take care of it. Go ahead and eliminate mine if you wish. The photo doesn't overlap the signature. Or email me and I'll make another without photo.

JWJ
03-06-2007, 02:37 PM
You could save the same amount of space by chopping Marks picture in half vertically and keeping the half with Nicole on. Much better plan!!! :lol:

webado
03-06-2007, 02:41 PM
You could save the same amount of space by chopping Marks picture in half vertically and keeping the half with Nicole on. Much better plan!!! :lol:
Aw, I'm sure some accomodation can be made.....

Hmm.... a bigger card maybe?

Sharron
03-06-2007, 06:31 PM
If need be I'll move some to the other side of the card. I'm not going to delete anyone's photo's. lol,

JWJ I might add one of you though! nah wouldn't think of it.

(note, my gosh, there must be a skunk out of hibernation and just under the house! It smells to high heaven.)

JWJ
03-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Huh ... fancy putting me in the same post as a bad smell!!!! :(

... and please don't spoil John and Regina's card by adding my photo ... you'll set Regina back weeks!!!! ;)

Sharron
03-06-2007, 06:51 PM
leave it to you to make that smell connection. I meant nothing by it, lol although it could have been a subliminal thing. :grin:

JWJ
03-06-2007, 06:53 PM
That'd be right!!!

Sharron
03-06-2007, 06:58 PM
honest injun, I meant nothing by it at all!

JWJ
03-06-2007, 07:02 PM
LOL ... I know that ... I was just funnin' ya (Hey, did that sound Texan?).

Chill babe. Luvs ya ;)

jonra01
03-06-2007, 07:07 PM
I took another look at the card to see the new sig(s). BTW, who are Michael and Paula? I can put a username to all the other regular names, but not that one. Maybe, I'm just being dense. Whenever I see that all I can think of is Michael and Paula Deen from the Food Channel. For those outside the USA, the Food Channel and Food Network (http://www.foodtv.com) are really popular here. The chefs on the show achieve celebrity status.

Sharron
03-06-2007, 07:11 PM
I took another look at the card to see the new sig(s). BTW, who are Michael and Paula? I can put a username to all the other regular names, but not that one. Maybe, I'm just being dense. Whenever I see that all I can think of is Michael and Paula Deen from the Food Channel. For those outside the USA, the Food Channel and Food Network (http://www.foodtv.com) are really popular here. The chefs on the show achieve celebrity status.

That would be always24-7 and his wife Paula.! I think..........yes...........er maybe. Definitely yes. maybe

trackerm
03-06-2007, 08:58 PM
You could save the same amount of space by chopping Marks picture in half vertically and keeping the half with Nicole on.

yeah, I don't mind. I quite like to look at her photo and sometimes I mistake the picture of me as someone else and then I get jealous!

fuzzy
03-06-2007, 09:27 PM
yeah, I don't mind. I quite like to look at her photo and sometimes I mistake the picture of me as someone else and then I get jealous!
Sounds like we Marks have a common problem! Well, it's certainly a good problem to have... :mrgreen: